[Fixed] Why Won’t My Printer Print Anything
Why won’t my printer print anything, there could be several reasons that cause printing issues in a printer. The common reasons being incompatible cartridges, jams, or other technical problems. Even when the print media is not compatible, the printer doesn’t feed the pages and print. The instructions for resolving the printer issues are given below.
Simple Steps To Resolving The Printing Issues
- Make sure the ink cartridges are correctly secured into the printer, and the print media is compatible.
- Try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to resolve the issues. Select the Fix Printing option, and proceed with the prompts to resolve the issue.
- Check the connection status between the printer and computer.
- Restart your router, printer and computer for wireless connections, and reconnect the printer to your wireless network.
- Make sure the printer driver is updated. Update the printer firmware directly from the control panel or the manufacturer’s site.
- Right-click your HP printer in the Devices and Printers folder, and select the Set as default printer. If the printer does not respond, try the steps below.
- Cancel all the print jobs and try to print. If the issue persists, carry out the instruction given below.
- Power reset the printer by removing and reconnecting the power cord to the printer.
7 Descriptive Steps For Making The Printer Print Again
Why won’t my printer print anything, power up your HP printer, and wait while the printer goes through the initialization process. Remove all the cartridges from the slots, and replace the ones that are empty or damaged. Re-insert them and check if they are secured into their respective slots.
Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor software from the manufacturer’s website. Find and double-click the HPPS.exe file in your Downloads folder to install the software. When the application opens, click Start, and add the printer to it. Select the Fix printing option, and follow the prompts to fix the issue.
If you are still unable to print, power reset the printer. Switch on your printer and unplug the power cord from the rear port and the wall outlet. Reconnect the cord after a few seconds. Restart the computer and router connected to the printer. If the issue remains unresolved, continue with the steps given below.
Open the Devices and Printers folder on your computer, and right-click the printer’s name which is active, and selects the Set as a Default printer option. Open a document or photo, click the File menu and select the Print option. If the printer does not print, reinstall the printer software. Click the Start menu, select Programs, and locate the HP Printer software and uninstall it. Restart your computer and fix the query of “why won’t my printer print anything”.
Go to the manufacturer’s site and download the most recent version of the printer driver on your computer. Run the setup files, and make sure to select the correct connection type when prompted by the installer. After the connection has been established between the printer and computer, try to print.
If you are still not able to print, update the printer firmware either directly from the printer control panel or the manufacturer’s site. The next step to try is deleting all the print queue files from the software.
Open the Devices and Printers folder and then right-click your HP printer icon. Choose the See what’s printing option. Now go to the Printer menu, and select Open as Administrator option. Click the Cancel all Documents option and then click Yes. Once all the files are canceled, try to print. If all the above steps did not help, send your printer for service to fix Why won’t my printer print anything.