- Fix My Printer >>
- Printer offline windows 10
Why is printer offline windows 10
The printer offline issue occurs when there is an issue in the printer’s connectivity with your personal device. This can be resolved by using the printer offline troubleshooting procedure. The error might be the result of faulty connection components, outdated driver or firmware, print queue error, printer spooler error and so on. The basic resolution for this issue like Why is printer offline windows 10 can be carried out by the end user by following the steps that are mentioned below.
Steps for resolving printer offline issue on Windows 10
- Ensure that your printer is connected to a power source through a compatible power cord.
- The printer must be connected to a direct power source to avoid power supply issues.
- Check whether the connection established from the printer to the computer is stable and has been set up properly.
- Examine the USB cable for any damages, if the connection is a wired connection.
- Restart the router and re-establish the connection to the printer and try connecting again.
- Check if the printer driver is updated to the latest version. Download the newest version from our website.
- Update the firmware by downloading the newest version from our website.
- Reset the printer and try connecting it again to see if the issue is resolved.
Detailed Steps to resolve the printer offline issue on Windows 10
- See if the printer is connected to the power source. Ensure that a compatible power cord is utilized. Always connect the power cord to a wall socket directly. This will ensure that the printer is not down with any power supply issues of Why is printer offline windows 10.
- Examine the connection between the computer and the printer. See if the USB cable is tampered or damaged if you have established a wired connection. For a wireless connected printer, check the connection status of the network connection of the router.
- Restart the wireless router and re-establish the connection between the printer and the router. Ensure that the correct router is selected if you have multiple routers at the same place.
- Examine for any overlapping network connections within the range of the printer. Turn off all other network routers and ensure that the printer and computer are connected to the same router.
- Check if the computer is installed with the correct software and driver. Update the driver to the latest version. Download the newest version of the software and drivers from our website for your respective operating system.
- Update the printer firmware to the latest version to overcome connectivity issues. The firmware packages are available on our website for download.
- Ensure that your printer is selected as the default printer. If not open the Devices and Printers option in your Windows 10 computer and choose your printer as the default device.
- Open the Print spooler from the Run prompt and stop the printer actions. Restart the spooler and try connecting the printer again.
- Clear the existing print queue and restart your printer. Now try to connect your printer again to the computer.
- If the issue persists even after trying all the steps mentioned above, contact our technical experts for further clarification on the Why is printer offline windows 10 issue.