- HP Printer Support >>
- How To Fix HP Printer Offline
Why is My HP Printer Offline
An error message stating that the printer is offline displays on the computer when the printer turns offline. You can resolve the HP Printer offline error either using the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool or by resetting the print environment, that also helps me to find out Why is My HP Printer Offline.
How Do I Get My HP Printer Online
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows device.
- Open the download location and locate the HPPSdr.exe setup file.
- Right-click the file, select Run, and install it offline.
- Launch the utility tool after it installs on your system.
- Click Start and select your printer model from the list.
- Click Retry if your printer model is not displayed in the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the connection problems.
- Click Yes, if the tool prompts to enable printer updates to recover HP Printer Offline issue.
Resolve the HP Printer Offline Error using various other techniques
- I had a doubt, Why is My HP Printer Offline happens regularly, to resolve this follow the upcoming instructions. Turn off the printer and wait for fifteen seconds. After that, disconnect the power cable from the printer. Power off the computer or laptop that you are using to print.
- If your printer uses a wireless network connection, restart the router. Disconnect the router’s power cable from the power source. Internet services may be interrupted when the router disconnects.
- Halt for few seconds and reestablish the router’s power connection. Wait until the router’s network light starts blinking. Ensure that the router reconnects to your WAP.
- Reconnect the power cable to the printer’s power port and this time, insert the socket-end to a wall power outlet. Ensure that the printer receives uninterrupted power connection.
- Force press the printer’s Power button to turn it on, if it does not power on automatically. Enable the Wireless icon on the control panel of your printer.
- Power on your computer and reconnect to the same wireless network to which the printer is connected. Try printing and check if HP Printer Offline issue is resolved. Else, proceed further.
- Sometimes, the settings of the default print driver might have changed. Click Start > Search tab and then type Devices. Click Devices and Printers from the list displayed.
- Right-click the HP printer whichever is active and select the Set as Default option from the drop-down menu. If you are able to print, the issue is resolved. If not, proceed further.
- Connect the printer to a reliable wireless network and check whether the computer is also connected to the same network. Turn off the other networks, if they are not in use.
- The printer’s firmware needs to be updated on a regular basis. Open the Settings menu and check for firmware updates and resolves Why is My HP Printer Offline. If an update is available, do the same to fix HP Printer Offline.