- Fix My Printer >>
- Printers Installed On Computer
What printers are installed on this computer
The printers that are installed on a computer can be viewed from the control panel of the computer. The devices installed on a computer is required to be viewed when they are to be edited or removed from it and know What printers are installed on this computer.
How to find the printers installed on your computer
- Power up your computer by connecting it to a power cord.
- Log in to your computer as the administrator.
- Click on the Start button on the computer.
- Choose the control panel option.
- Select the Hardware and Sound option on the control panel
- Choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Now look for the list of printers that are added to your computer.
- Alter the settings or delete a printer from the list.
Detailed steps to view the printers installed on the computer
- Turn on your personal computer and wait for it to boot. Ensure that the computer is connected to the power supply using a compatible power cord. Check all the connections from the CPU to the monitor for uninterrupted usage and find out What printers are installed on this computer.
- Once the login screen pops up, enter the credentials to enter the account of the administrator. This helps in gaining complete access to the computer and facilitates in providing the necessary permissions to alter and the added printers on it. Now, wait for the computer to get started.
- Look for the start button in your desktop and click on it. As the programs open up, look for the Control Panel option. Double click on the control panel icon and wait for the page to get loaded. Look for the Hardware and Sound option in the control panel menu. Navigate to the particular option and click on it.
- As the hardware and sound tab opens, look for the Devices and Printers option. Select the option, the printers and other devices connected to your will be displayed in the next screen. Look for the list of printers that are or were connected to this printer. This tool can be used to get a list of all the connected external devices.
- The printers that you have connected to this computer gets displayed now. Look for the printer that you are attempting to view the properties of. Alter or delete the printer from the computer according to the requirement. This menu can also be utilized to uninstall outdated drivers and software before initiating a re-installation.
- Remove unwanted printers and their files from the computer to avoid printing issues on the connected printer. The existing printer can be made default using this particular method. For further assistance on adding, deleting or viewing the connected printers on your computer, contact our technical support experts and get immediate guidance.
- The existing printers on a Mac computer can be seen using the System preferences option in the Apple Menu. Select the Printers option from it to view the list of connected printers on the Mac computer and defines What printers are installed on this computer.