Troubleshooting The Communication Device On The Mailstation Series
Mailstation is a portable device that allows you to send an e-mail message over an Internet connection. It can be easily operated using either a power adapter or batteries. The best thing about this e-mail device is that it allows you to create a draft e-mail message when you’re offline and send it when the device is connected to the Internet. However, while using Mailstation with the communication device, there are many issues encountered by the users. Scroll down this page to know how to troubleshoot the communication device on the Mailstation series.
Communication between the Mailstation meter and the Pitney Bowes Data Center has failed.
To troubleshoot the communication device on the Mailstation series, perform the simple troubleshooting methods given below.
Method 1: Restarting both meter and communication device
- Initially, make sure that the communication device and meter are turned off.
- Next, disconnect the power cable from the meter and the communication device.
- Similarly, if the USB cable is connected to the meter, then disconnect it.
- If your communication device is connected to the network over a wired connection, then unplug the Ethernet cable from it.
- Leave both the devices to cool down for some time.
- After waiting for a few minutes, you need to reconnect the USB, network, and power cables to the meter and the communication device.
- Turn on the communication device first and wait for it to become stable.
- Once the device’s LED flashes orange, it is ready to use. In case the LED is turned off, then check whether the power cord of the device is connected securely to the power outlet. Reconnect the cable if it is not connected properly. Similarly, if the device’s LED flashes red, then check whether you’re using a working network cable for the connectivity. If not, change the network cable.
- Now, turn on the meter.
- Once the home screen of the meter is displayed, check the status of the network’s LED on it. If it is flashing in green, then it means the issue between the communication device and the Mailstation series is fixed. Otherwise, perform the next method given below.
Method 2: Troubleshooting the communication device’s LED blink pattern
You can know the status of your communication device via the LED lights. If the communication device is working properly, you can see the green LED on its panel. Similarly, if the device encounters a communication issue, the LED blinks in one specific pattern. You can identify the exact cause of the issue by looking at the LED patterns. For example, if the ORANGE, GREEN, ORANGE, and GREEN LED pattern is displayed, then it means that the auto IP address is not assigned on your device. To fix this issue, perform the simple instructions given below.
- Initially, check whether the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) setting is enabled on your network. If not, enable it.
- Next, reconfigure the network settings if necessary.
- If you encounter the “auto IP address not assigned” issue even after your network settings are configured correctly.
- Then power cycle the communication device by following the instructions given below.Turn off and disconnect the device from the power source.
- Leave the device disconnected for 10 seconds and then reconnect it to the power source.
- Now, check the LED pattern.
Similarly, identify and resolve the device’s LED blink patterns to troubleshoot the communication device on the Mailstation series.
Method 3: Resetting the communication device
Restoring the communication device settings to default might also help you resolve the issue on it. You can reset the device in two different ways.
- Power cycle method
- Button method
In the below section, we’ve covered both methods in detail.
Power cycle method
- Turn off the communication device if it is turned on.
- Unplug the power and network cables from the device.
- Locate the reset button on the device and press it using a pin.
- Now, connect the device to the power source while holding down its reset button.
- Once the green LED shows up, release the button.
- Now, restart the meter and your communication device to complete the restore process. (Note: Refer to the instructions given in method 1 to restart the device and meter.)
- Initially, make sure that your device is turned on, and the green/red LEDs are blinking on it.
- Next, get a pin that fits into the reset button of the device.
- Press and hold the Reset button for about 2 seconds.
- Once the green LED turns on, check whether the issue is resolved. If not, perform the next method given below.
Method 4: Reconfiguring the settings
Sometimes, the misconfigured settings on your communication device may also cause these kinds of issues. So, check whether your network’s DHCP setting is configured correctly. If not, configure the settings manually to troubleshoot the communication device on the Mailstation series.
To know more about troubleshooting the communication device on the Mailstation series, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.