Troubleshooting brother printer hl 2140
Errors can occur in the Brother HL 2140 printer if it is not maintained on a regular basis. Make sure that you carry out the print function periodically, else the nozzles present on the cartridge might get blocked. Some of the common Brother printer problems are offline, not printing, paper jams, and more. In some instances, the error message gets displayed on your Mac or Windows personal computer. The steps on how to fix the common issues Troubleshooting Brother Printer HL 2140 that arise in the model of your Brother device are explained on this web page.
Steps for troubleshooting errors in the Brother HL 2140 printer
- Restart the Brother HL 2140 printer as a first step to rectify standard errors that occur.
- Make sure that the model of your Brother device is switched On.
- Let your Brother printer be powered On and then remove the electrical cord from the rear.
- Go to the wall outlet to which the printer is connected and detach the electrical cord from it as well.
- Do not continue for at least one to three minutes.
- Replug the electrical cord back into the outlet without engaging any extensions.
- Reattach the cord to the Brother HL 2140 printer and then use the Power button for switching it On.
Detailed instructions for resolving issues in the Brother HL 2140 printer
- Brother HL 2140 printer is offline: Make sure that your Brother printer is not in the Inactive state. Bring the Brother device back to the active mode by force pressing the Power button located on it. If a USB cord is utilized, ensure that it is plugged between the Brother HL 2140 printer and the computer appropriately. Confirm that the model of your Brother printer is set as the default printing source.
- Windows: Open the Control panel pop-up box on your desktop and then click on the Hardware & Sound option. Click on the Devices & Printers button, right-click on your Brother HL 2140 printer, and then choose the Set as Default printer option.
- Mac: Confirm that the correct printer driver is used. Click the Apple button, choose System Preferences, and tap the Printers & Scanners option. In the Printers tab, select your Brother HL 2140 printer and verify whether the correct drive is used next to the Kind section. Now, check whether the offline error message has disappeared from your PC screen.
- Troubleshooting Brother Printer HL 2140 prints a garbage: Confirm that you are using a USB Cord that is compatible with your Brother printer. Confirm that the printer cord is not broken or damaged. Ensure that you do use an interface switching device. You must link the printer and the personal computer directly. To verify that you are using the appropriate driver, click the Start logo, choose the Settings option, and then select Printers.
- Right-click on the icon of your Brother HL 2140 printer and click on the Printing Preferences option. Look for the name of your printer software on top of the Printing Preferences dialog box. If the incorrect driver is used, uninstall the same. Reinstall the latest software for your Brother HL 2140 from the official web support page.
- Brother HL 2140 printer is not able to print: Verify the status of your Brother device. Ensure that the connection between the printer and the personal system is established correctly by detaching and reattaching the USB cord. Ensure that the Brother printer model is not in the offline or paused mode. Make sure that you are utilizing the appropriate driver settings.
- Try to perform the print function from another app. Try restarting your Brother HL 2140 printer and the system. Ascertain that the Device Manager recognizes your Brother device correctly.
- Confirm that you are using toner cartridges that are compatible with your Brother HL 2140 printer. Make sure to load the correct type and the size of the paper into the main input tray of your Brother printer. Try canceling all the unwanted print jobs from your personal system.
- Troubleshooting Brother Printer HL 2140 Paper jam: Raise the front cover on your Brother HL 2140 printer. Take the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly out of the Brother device. Lower the front cover and then discard the jammed sheets out of your device. Open the paper output tray and then open the fuser cover by pulling the tab towards you. Remove the jammed sheets out of the fuse unit and then close the output tray. Push the green lock lever downwards and then take the toner cartridge out of the slot.
- If there are jammed sheets, discard them and then reinsert the cartridges into the drum unit. Place the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly back into the Troubleshooting Brother Printer HL 2140 and insert the paper tray firmly. Lower the front cover and then carry out a print job to ensure that the paper jam error is rectified.
Fix your Printer Issues
- Hp printer Installation
- how to install hp printer
- how to install hp printer drivers
- how to install driver without cd
- how to install hp printer driver on mac
- how to install driver on windows
- how to install driver on chromebook
- How to install driver in ubuntu
- how to install hp printer driver from cd
- how to install without connecting printer
- Hp printer Download
- Hp printer Update
- Hp printer setup
- Hp printer Remove
- how to remove cartridge from hp printer
- how to remove jammed paper
- how to remove print cartridge
- how to remove ink from hp printer
- how to remove pause in hp printer
- how to remove margin in hp printer
- how to remove hp printer drivers
- how to remove drivers from registry
- how to remove drivers from windows 7
- Hp printer Repair