Trouble Installing Canon Pixma MG2525
Canon PIXMA MG2525 is an All-in-One inkjet printer that comes with a compact design. This printer is, however not compatible with Chromebook. If you have trouble installing the Canon PIXMA MG2525 printer on a Windows or Mac computer, follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
Case 1: Run time error
- Ensure that your Canon PIXMA MG2525 printer is not connected to your computer (Windows) before running the driver installation.
- Verify that no firewall is blocking you from installing the printer driver.
- It is recommended to install the printer driver only after completing the basic printer settings.
- If the device prompts for User Account Control, click Yes to continue the driver installation.
- Clicking No will not allow you to install the driver.
Case 2: Cannot install the driver using CD-ROM
- In case you cannot install the driver for your printer using the supplied CD-ROM, download the driver from the official Canon site by following these steps. This should resolve trouble installing your Canon PIXMA MG2525 printer.
- To begin with, launch the default browser and visit the official Canon site.
- In the search field, type your printer’s model number.
- Click your printer model in the search result and then click Go.
- Select the Drivers & Downloads tab and choose your OS from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- After completing the download, open the downloaded file to run the driver installation.
- Finish the process by following the on-screen prompts.
Case 3: Cannot establish the connection during driver installation
- Canon always recommends establishing the connection based on the selected connection type.
- If you are stuck on the connection screen, check the USB cable used to connect your printer and the computer.
- Restart your printer and rerun the driver installation.
- If you still have trouble installing the Canon PIXMA MG2525 printer, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.