New Epson XP2105 Printer Setup
New Epson XP-2105 is an affordable and easy-to-use printer. It offers a host of reliable and useful features. In addition to normal paper, the printer can also print letters and envelopes. Its printing speed is 8 pages per minute (monochrome) and 4 pages per minute (color). Let’s look into the steps for the New Epson XP2105 printer setup.
- First, open the box containing the printer.
- Next, pull the printer out of the box slowly with both hands.
- Check if all of these contents are available in the box:
- The printer installation disc
- Power cable
- All the cartridges
- NOTE: The above components might vary from one region to another.
- Turn your attention to the printer. Remove all the protective materials from the outside of the printer. Take out all the blue tape from the front and back of the printer.
- By putting your fingers on the dents of the printer, open the scanner unit.
- Refrain from touching the flat white cable.
- From the inside of the printer, remove all the protective materials.
- Lift the scanner unit slightly. Now, lower it carefully.
- It is now time to open the feeder guard. Once that is done, remove the protective materials from the back part of the printer.
- Now, you can close the feeder guard.
- You have now finished the initial part of the Epson XP-2105 printer setup.
Powering On Epson XP2105 Printer
- Connect one of the ends of the power cable to the rear section of the printer.
- Plug the opposite end of this power cable into an electrical socket.
- Avoid connecting the printer to the computer at this stage.
- Next, you should press the Power button to turn on the printer. The power light should start flashing now.
- Check if the orange light opposite to the power light turns on.
Installing Ink Cartridges
- Open the scanner unit of the printer.
- Take the Black (BK) ink cartridge and shake it gently four to five times. Do not shake the other (Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan) cartridges.
- Remove the Black ink cartridge from its package. Take out only the yellow tape from this cartridge.
- It is now time to insert the cartridge into its holder on the printer. Push it down gently until it clicks into place.
- Repeat the procedure for the other three ink cartridges. Make sure that they are all fitting tightly into their holders.
- Now, you can close the scanner unit.
- You have completed another stage in the Epson XP-2105 printer setup.
Epson Printer Ink Initialization
- To start with the ink initialization process, you need to hold down the Stop button. When the process begins, the orange light (opposite to the power button) will start flashing.
- Since this process might take a few minutes, wait patiently until it gets over. You can be sure that the ink initialization is complete when the orange light stops flashing.
Loading Paper Into Epson XP2105 Printer
- First, open the printer’s feeder guard.
- Next, you have to pull up the paper support.
- Slide the edge guide to the left side.
- Get a stack of paper and tap it on any flat surface to even its edges.
- You can now start loading this stack into the printer. You have to load the stack against the right edge of the paper support.
- Make sure that the printable side faces up (towards you).
- You can now adjust the edge guide according to the size of the loaded paper. Close the feeder guard and continue with the Epson XP-2105 printer setup.
- It is now time to pull the output tray out. Press the printer’s Power button to turn it off.
- Hold down the Stop button, and at the same time, press and hold the Power button until the green light (near the Wi-Fi icon) is flashing.
- Now, you will see that a nozzle check pattern is printed by your printer.
- If you find that all the lines are printed (Black, Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta) on this nozzle check pattern, it indicates that the nozzles are not clogged. However, if you find that the lines are broken, it might indicate a clogging of the nozzles.
The hardware part of the setup is now over. You can now connect a computer/device to your printer. Once the printer driver is installed on this device, the new Epson XP2105 printer setup will be complete.