Lexmark Prevail Pro705 Troubleshooting
The Lexmark Prevail Pro 705 printer might encounter issues at times. You have to perform Lexmark prevail pro705 troubleshooting to resolve those issues. The instructions given here can be used to rectify the errors that occur on your printer. Issues like printer not printing, printhead error, scan error, USB connection error, driver installation error, ink cartridge issues, etc., can be resolved using the guidance we provide. Try out all the solutions and take a test print after rectifying the error.
What Are The Errors That Arise With Your Lexmark Printer ?
- Check the power supply and the connection between the computer and printer to solve the printer not printing error.
- Examine the Power light of the printer to see if it is in the Power Saver mode.
- Verify the compatibility of the Lexmark river with the OS to resolve the installation problem.
- Replace the USB cable to get away with the USB connection error.
- Remove your printer and add it to the list if you want to solve the unable to scan problem.
- Re-install the ink cartridges to rectify the ink cartridge issue.
- Inspect the ink levels of the cartridges to clear this problem.
- Sort out the printhead error by cleaning it with the help of a cloth.
Related Articles For “Lexmark Troubleshooting”
How To Solve Issues With Your Lexmark Prevail Pro 705 Printer ?
PRINTER NOT PRINTING
- Check if the printer is connected to the power source properly. If not, disconnect it and replug it.
- Ensure that the printer is not in the Power Saver Mode. If it is in that mode, then it will not initiate any print jobs you assign. To check if the printer is in Power mode, see if the power light is blinking slowly. If yes, then the Lexmark printer is in the Power Saver mode.
- The Power button should be tapped to wake up the printer. In the case where the printer does not come out the Power saver mode, then you should reset it.
- Plug the power cable out from the wall outlet while the Lexmark printer is turned on.
- Wait patiently for at least 10 seconds and then associate the printer with the power supply to complete the reset process with Lexmark prevail pro705 troubleshooting.
DRIVER OR SOFTWARE INSTALLATION ERROR
- Verify whether the driver you are trying to install is compatible with the Windows system.
- Disable the security software present on your Windows system temporarily to resolve this issue. Also, see if the necessary permissions have been delegated to install the driver.
USB CONNECTION ERROR
- Examine the USB connection as the first step. Check if the USB cable is damaged. Replace the cable if it is damaged. Unplug the cable from the printer and the computer.
- Wait patiently for a few minutes and then insert it back to the respective slot on printer and computer.
- If the issue is not resolved, attach the USB cable to a different port on the computer.
UNABLE TO SCAN
- Try to change the USB cable if the scan process is not successful. The cable that you are using should be shorter than 10 feet. Avoid the usage of long length cables.
- Refrain from using any port replicators or USB hubs to connect the computer and printer. This will also lead to scan failure error.
- Remove the printer from the list and add it again to rectify this issue by using Lexmark prevail pro705 troubleshooting. The printer can be added with the help of the Add Device option present under the Device Manager menu.
INK CARTRIDGE ERROR
- Ink cartridge errors might occur if the cartridge is out of ink or low on ink, not installed properly or ink leaks.
- First, check the ink levels of the cartridges from the computer or the control panel of the printer.
- Replace the old cartridges with a new one if they are low on ink. You can also refill the cartridges using a refilling kit.
- Re-install them in their slot to resolve this problem.
- Remove the printhead from its position and re-install it to sort out this issue.
- Open the printer’s cover by pulling it upwards, and lift the latch present there.
- Take the printhead out of its slot slowly. The printhead contacts should be wiped with a lint-free cloth.
- Reinsert the printhead into the printer and close the top cover gently.
- Service the printer if the Lexmark prevail pro705 troubleshooting issue persists.