LEXMARK E260D PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING
If your Lexmark E260D printer is not working or unresponsive, then you can make use of the troubleshooting procedure given here. Issues such as printing problems, paper jam issues, cartridge issue, and more can be resolved using the instructions given here. You can print and copy documents using this printer model. Detailed instructions on each issue are available here. Load white papers in the input tray. Check if you have installed cartridges properly. Take a test print after resolving errors.
QUICK STEPS ON HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR LEXMARK E260D PRINTER:
- Follow the basic troubleshooting steps to solve any minor errors.
- Check if proper power source has been provided to the Lexmark printer.
- Remove any surge protectors that are used to connect it to the power outlet.
- Verify if the Lexmark E260D printer is turned on.
- Examine if you set the printer driver settings correctly. If not, reset the settings and try printing again.
- Reconnect the computer and the Lexmark printer to resolve any issues that occur.
- Replace the toner cartridge if they have low toner levels.
- Remove any paper that has been jammed inside the Lexmark Printer.
- Observe the control panel for any error messages displayed and troubleshoot the printer accordingly.
- Get in touch with technicians if the error is not rectified.
DETAILED STEPS ON HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR LEXMARK E260D PRINTER:
There are a few common issues that can occur with your Lexmark printer. You can use the solutions that are given here to rectify those issues and ensure the proper functioning of the printer.
PAPER JAM ERROR
- There are many areas in a printer where you have to check for paper jams and remove it.
JAMS NEAR PHOTOCONDUCTOR KIT
- Verify if there is any paper jam behind the photoconductor kit or the toner cartridge. If so, then open the front door by pushing the Release button available on the side.
- Pull the photoconductor and toner cartridge unit out of the printer and place it on a flat surface nearby. Clear the paper that is jammed and place the unit back in its place. Close the front door and take a test print.
JAMS IN THE STANDARD EXIT BIN
- Check if the paper size that you have loaded is compatible with the Lexmark E260D printer for duplex printing. Pull the jammed paper from the standard exit bin carefully.
JAMS IN TRAY 1
- The initial step of the troubleshooting procedure is to remove tray 1 from your Lexmark E260D printer. Clear the jammed paper and push the lever downwards to remove the paper that is stuck there. Place the tray back in its slot and print a test report.
JAMS IN TRAY 2
- Similar to tray 1, remove tray 2 also and the paper that has been stuck there.
JAMS IN MANUAL FEEDER
- If paper is stuck in the printer’s manual feeder, then you can pull it out from the feeder using your hands. Just pull out the paper. If you are not able to clear the paper jam, take out the printer from the photoconductor kit.
JAMS NEAR THE REAR DOOR
- Make use of the Release button to open the front door of the Lexmark printer. Pull open the rear door. If there are paper pieces there, then take it out. One end of the paper will be stuck in the exit bin. Remove it carefully without tearing it and close the front and rear doors.
PRINTER NOT PRINTING ERROR
- Ensure that the power light of the Lexmark E260d printer is lit before assigning a print job to the printer. Verify if the standard exit bin is full. If so, then errors might occur. Make sure the input tray has enough papers loaded in it to complete the print job. If not, load more plain papers. Also, examine if the driver that you have installed is compatible with the system and the printer. Re-install the Lexmark printer driver if needed. The proceeding solution is to check if the printer is connected properly to the wireless network that you selected. Check if there is an issue with the USB cable that you are using. Replace the USB cable if required.
- Check if the print job that you assigned is too large. Sometimes your Lexmark E260D printer will not be able to handle large print data. Verify if the printer has enough memory to keep all the print jobs in the queue. Clear the print queue to rectify this issue. Reset the Lexmark E260D printer by disconnecting it from the power supply. Reconnect it to the power outlet after a few minutes. Make use of the following troubleshooting methods to rectify issues with your printer.
Fix your Printer Issues
- Hp printer Installation
- how to install hp printer
- how to install hp printer drivers
- how to install driver without cd
- how to install hp printer driver on mac
- how to install driver on windows
- how to install driver on chromebook
- How to install driver in ubuntu
- how to install hp printer driver from cd
- how to install without connecting printer
- Hp printer Download
- Hp printer Update
- Hp printer setup
- Hp printer Remove
- Hp printer Repair