HP Printer Printing Gibberish Windows
Technology is helping us in reducing the complexities of our business operations. But this same technology can cause a headache at times. If your HP printer starts printing gibberish and you are not sure why this happens, then this article will help you in a great way. Follow the below troubleshooting methods, and we hope that these solutions will help you in fixing the gibberish issue.
SOME OF THE CAUSES OF THE PRINTING PROBLEM:
- Damaged ports.
- Encrypted networks.
- Faulty or broken wires.
- Firewall blocking the printer software.
- Miscommunication between the printer and computer.
- Outdated printer drivers and a lot more.
COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:
- Close all other applications, including any screen savers or virus protection software.
- Ensure that your HP printer is turned on and the USB cable is connected at both ends.
- Also, your computer configuration should meet the basic requirements.
- The USB controller needs to be working fine without any issues.
- If you are printing over a wireless network, make sure that the wireless connection is working fine.
SOLUTION 1 – POWER RESET YOUR HP PRINTER
As the first and the foremost step, power reset the printer. Follow the below steps to do so.
- Keep the printer turned on and remove the power cord from the printer.
- Also, remove the power cable from the electrical outlet.
- If possible, unplug the USB connection.
- Wait patiently for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, attach the power cord to the power outlet and the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on the HP printer for the second time.
- After finishing the warm-up period, the printer becomes idle where no light on the device blinks.
- Firmly press and hold the printer’s Power button for about 30 seconds.
- This process will remove any residual charges from the printer.
SOLUTION 2 – UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the text – devmgmt.msc and press the OK button.
- Expand the Printer section.
- Locate and right-click on your HP printer for driver update.
- Select Search automatically for driver.
- Now, you will witness that your Windows Operating System looks for any pending driver updates.
Note: Connect the PC to the Internet, as your PC needs a network connection to download the new printer driver.
- Once the updates are installed successfully, restart your PC.
- Check if there is any improvement in the overall printing.
SOLUTION 3 – REMOVE AND REINSTALL THE INK CARTRIDGES ON THE PRINTER.
- Turn on the HP printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Take off the ink cartridges one by one and check if they have sufficient ink.
- If the ink is not enough, try replacing the old ink cartridge with the new one.
- Re-insert the ink cartridges one by one.
- Close the cartridge door properly.
- Try to print a test page to know whether the printer is performing well and the “printing gibberish” problem is resolved.
SOLUTION 4 – UPDATE WINDOWS TO ITS LATEST VERSION:
- First, follow this path on your Windows computer: Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Click on the Install Updates option.
- Windows will start updating to the latest OS version available for your PC.
- Once the update is done, check whether the gibberish printing issue is fixed.
SOLUTION 5 – INCORRECT OR INVERTED IMAGES:
- Check the margin settings in your application.
- Ensure that the paper margins are within the printable area of the page.
- If you are an active Windows user, check the Borderless settings in the Paper menu.
- Keep in mind that the paper set position is accurate.
- If you are getting an inverted image, turn off the Horizontal setting in the Advanced menu.
SOLUTION 6 – SERVICE YOUR PRINTER:
- If the earlier steps do not solve the problem, it is recommended to service the printer.
- Service or replace the HP product, where you have completed all the preceding steps.
Most of the printing issues are easy to resolve, and you don’t need any experts to handle them. If your HP printer printing gibberish problem is not yet solved, call our technicians to get personal assistance.