HP PRINTER PRINTING GIBBERISH ON MAC
A printer may start to print gibberish due to various reasons. The most common cause can be a corrupted or outdated driver. This article lists the best troubleshooting techniques that can help you fix the printing issue. Try out all the troubleshooting techniques given here and resolve the printer issue efficiently.
Restart your computer
- Before you go ahead with the troubleshooting techniques, restart your printer. Restarting the printer can help you fix the bugs.
- To restart your Mac, click on the Apple menu and choose Restart.
- Once you have restarted your Mac, check whether the print quality has improved.
Power cycle your printer
- Whatever the issue is, a simple power cycle helps you fix most of the significant problems.
- To power cycle your HP printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cable.
- Wait for a minute and reconnect the power cable.
- Now, turn on your printer and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Update printer driver
- As previously mentioned, an outdated printer driver is the most common reason behind gibberish printing. If your printer prints gibberish, you can fix the problem by updating the printer driver to the recent version.
- You can get the updated printer driver from the official support page of HP.
- Visit HP’s official site and enter your printer model.
- Download the recent printer driver recommended for your Operating System.
- Finally, install the driver on your Mac by following the instructions.
- Now, check whether your printer can print the documents correctly.
Uninstall and reinstall the printer
- You can resolve the printing issue on your Mac by reinstalling the printer driver. Follow the instructions mentioned below to uninstall and reinstall your printer driver.
- On your Mac computer, click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- On the Printers & Scanners screen, select your printer and click the Remove button.
- Again, go to the Printers & Scanners section and click the Add button.
- From the list of printers, choose your HP printer and click Add.
If none of the troubleshooting techniques worked, get back to us for remote assistance.