- Fix My Printer >>
- HP Printer Not Connecting To Iphone
Solved: HP Printer Not Connecting To Iphone
Is your HP printer not connecting to your iPhone, and are you receiving the “Contacting printer” or “Connecting to printer” message? If so, continue reading this page to know the causes and solutions to fix this problem.
Why HP Printer Not Connecting To Iphone?
The printer may face a problem in connecting to your iOS device due to any one of the following reasons:
- No or unstable internet connection
- Outdated OS or printer firmware
- Connection errors
- Problem with the Internet Printing Protocol, etc.
Troubleshooting Solutions To Fix HP Printer Not Connecting Issue
Try the quick and simple troubleshooting methods given below to fix the “HP printer not connecting to your iPhone” problem.
Connecting The Devices To The Same Network
- Check whether your HP printer and the iPhone are connected to the same network as the first step of troubleshooting.
- If they are connected to different networks, connect them to the same network.
- After doing it, try to connect your printer to your iPhone.
- Ensure that you’re not using an unstable internet connection for connectivity.
- If the same connectivity problem persists, try the next solution to fix it.
Updating The Printer Firmware
Sometimes, running an outdated printer firmware may also cause these kinds of problems. Check and update your printer firmware to fix this issue.
Using The Printer’s Control Panel
- Open the ePrint menu or the Update feature screen on your printer.
- Select the Firmware option.
- Update the latest version of the firmware by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
From The Support Page
- Download the latest version of the printer firmware from its support page.
- Now, run the downloaded file on your computer.
- Install the firmware by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Updating The iOS
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Software Update > Download and install (if displayed).
- Update the OS of your device just by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Now, try to connect your HP printer to your iPhone. If the same problem persists, try the next method.
Restart Your Printer
- Turn off your HP printer completely if it is turned on.
- Count for 5 seconds and then turn on the printer.
- Wait for your printer to become stable.
- Once the printer is stable, try to connect it to your iPhone.
Disable Internet Printing Protocol
- Go to your HP printer’s EWS page.
- Click Network > Internet Printing Protocol.
- Locate and deselect the “Internet Printing Protocol over HTTPS” option.
- Click Save.
*Screenshot Link: https://support.hp.com/doc-images/540/c05790373.jpg
Now, try to connect your HP printer to the iPhone. If the connection fails, contact us.