- Fix My Printer >>
- HP Printer Firmware Update Failed
HP Printer Firmware Update Failed
There are many problems faced by the users while using a printer. Most printer problems occur due to outdated printer firmware. So, it is necessary to update your printer firmware regularly or whenever a new update is available. The latest update of the printer firmware comes with a solution to fix your printer’s hidden issues or minor problems. Updating the printer firmware is a straightforward process to perform. But, I received the “The printer update could not be downloaded” message while trying to update my HP printer firmware.However, I found a way to clear this message and update my printer’s firmware. If you’re also receiving this same message, try the simple troubleshooting method given below to fix it.
Reset Hp Printer
This method will help you in clearing your printer errors.
- Turn on your HP printer if it is turned off.
- Now, remove the rechargeable battery from your printer if available.
- Unplug the printer’s power cable from it.
- Ensure that the cable is unplugged from the slot while your printer is turned on.
- Disconnect the power cable from the AC outlet.
- Now, wait for the printer to become stable and cool down completely.
- After a while, reconnect the cable and turn on your printer.
- Once your HP printer becomes stable, try to update its firmware.
You can update your printer firmware using its control panel or the HP Smart app. The following instructions will guide you in updating the printer firmware using the HP Smart app.
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Sign in to your HP account if prompted.
- Select your HP printer.
- Click on the Printer Home Page (EWS) or Advanced Settings option followed by Tools or Web Services.
- Now, locate the Printer Updates option and click on it.
- Update the printer firmware by following the on-screen instructions.
If the “HP printer firmware update failed” message is displayed on the screen again, contact us to resolve the issue.