HP Photosmart 8450 Driver
The driver for your HP Photosmart 8450 printer is available on the supplied CD-ROM. If the CD-ROM isn’t available in the printer package or if it is not supported by your computer, download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. You can also download the HP Photosmart 8450 printer’s driver from the official HP site.
Hp Photosmart 8450 Driver Download
- The HP Photosmart 8450 printer driver is available only for macOS on the official HP site. If you are using Windows, install the built-in printer driver.
- To download the HP Photosmart 8450 printer driver for your Mac, close all the running apps and launch the default browser.
- Visit the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click your printer model in the search result and this will take you to the printer support page.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab and wait until your macOS version is detected automatically.
- In case your software version is not detected, click on the Choose a different OS link and select your macOS version from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Update button and select the required driver from the displayed list.
- Once you select the driver, click the Download or Install button to download it to your Mac.
Hp Photosmart 8450 Driver Install
Installing The Printer Driver On Mac
- On your Mac, open the Downloads folder and double-click the downloaded driver file to create a disk image on the desktop.
- Next, open the disk image and double-click the installer icon to run the driver installation wizard.
- If prompted, enter your Mac administrator password in the required fields and click Continue .
- Agree to the EULA and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the driver installation.
Installing The Built-in Printer Driver On Windows 10
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu (Windows logo) and type ‘ device installation settings’ in the search panel.
- Click to open the device installation settings.
- If prompted, select Yes to change the device installation settings.
- Next, turn on your HP Photosmart 8450 printer and connect it to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- If the Found new hardware dialog appears, follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver.
- Otherwise, open Windows Settings by pressing the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- Click the Devices tab in the Settings window and select Printers & scanners from the left-side panel.
- Next, click the Add a printer or scanner button and choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- Click the Add device button to complete the driver installation.
- In case your printer is not listed, click on the The printer that I want isn’t listed link.
- Choose the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option and click Next .
- Select the Use an existing port option and choose USB001: (virtual printer port for USB) from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next and carry out the on-screen prompts to install the printer driver for your HP Photosmart 8450 printer.