HP Photosmart 8450 Bluetooth Setup [Simple Guide]
The Photosmart 8450 printer uses HP’s eight-ink print technology, which means in addition to the three primary colors, cyan, magenta, and yellow, there are light cyan, light magenta, and three different gray levels, known as photo gray. The photo gray color improves the soft tones in both color and black and white prints. When it comes to wireless connection over Bluetooth, the HP Photosmart 8450 printer uses an optional HP Bluetooth wireless printer adapter. The printer also has a built-in Ethernet port, which is supported on Macintosh devices running on version 10.2.4 or higher. However, the optional Bluetooth adapter is not supported for Macintosh but works flawlessly for Windows. The adapter adds Bluetooth technology to your printer, and thus, you can connect any device that has Bluetooth enabled on it. So, let’s see the HP Photosmart 8450 Bluetooth setup in detail.
HP 8450 Bluetooth Setup Initial Preparations
- Make sure to plug the power cord into the printer. The power socket is at the back of the printer
- There is a dedicated button on the printer’s top left side. Press the button to turn on your printer.
- There is an indicating light next to the power socket, which indicates whether the printer is powered on or not.
- Make sure your printer is not connected to any other devices.
HP Photosmart Installing Printer Driver
- Connect your computer to a reliable power supply and turn it on.
- Before setting up the printer, make sure you install all the required printer drivers on your computer with the help of the CD-ROM that you received with the printer package.
- If you don’t have the installation CD, download the printer driver from the printer manufacturer site.
- Open a browser and go to the official HP website. Choose your printer and navigate to its support page.
- Click on the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- The site will automatically detect your Operating System.
- Download the recommended printer driver package and install the driver on your computer.
Connect HP Photosmart 8450 To Bluetooth
- Connect the HP Bluetooth adapter to the camera port on your printer so that it will be visible as a Bluetooth device on your PC.
- Click on the Start icon on your PC and go to the Settings page.
- Search for Bluetooth & other devices and open the settings.
- Now, turn on Bluetooth and click on Add Bluetooth and other devices.
- Select the name of the Bluetooth adapter connected to your HP Photosmart 8450 printer.
- Once the devices are connected over Bluetooth, you can easily access your printer from your PC.
For remote assistance on your HP Photosmart 8450 Bluetooth setup, contact our support team.