HP Photosmart 6520 Says Offline
The HP Photosmart 6520 printer offline error usually occurs when the device cannot communicate with the Mac or Windows device. It happens when the drivers are corrupt or outdated. It also occurs if multiple print jobs are present in the print queue, or the HP photosmart 6520 says offline.
Easy procedures to rectify the Photosmart 6520 printer offline error
- Verify the connectivity status of your Photosmart 6520 printer.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to fix the HP photosmart 6520 says offline.
- Reset the entire printing environment.
- Confirm if your Photosmart 6520 printer is set as default.
- Make sure the network name on your computer and printer matches each other.
- Check if any updates are available in the firmware for your printer.
- Carry out the firmware update process from the manufacturer’s site.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer software.
Best Instructions To Fix HP Photosmart 6520 printer offline Error
- Reset your Photosmart 6520 printer, this is the easiest method to rectify the HP photosmart 6520 offline problem. The resetting process might resolve any issue with the printer.
- Locate the Power button on your printer, and hold it until it turns off completely. Remove the cord from the rear of the printer. Reconnect the cord, and press the Power button to turn On the device. Wait for a few minutes so that the printer reboots.
- Try to print a document to verify if the problem is fixed. The printer might go to the Offline mode if it has disconnected from the network or computer. If the printer is hooked up to your Windows or Mac computer using a USB, plug the cable into another USB port on your computer.
- Replace the USB cable if it has stopped functioning. To fix an HP photosmart 6520 series offline that is linked wirelessly, restart the router.
- Click the Start button on your computer, and then choose Devices and Printers. Right-click on the name of your HP printer, and select Set as Default Printer. Check if any piece of paper is jammed inside your printer.
- Open all the doors of your printer and remove any jammed papers that are found inside. Make sure the ink cartridges are not low or empty.
- Replace empty cartridges with a genuine, compatible one. After clearing the paper jams and changing the ink cartridges, reset the printer again.
- Press the Window and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard. In the search bar, type services.msc, and tap the Enter button.
- Locate the Print Spooler, and check if the status shows running. If you cannot view the status, right-click on Print Spooler, and select Start.
- Restart the service if you want to use it. Check if the HP photosmart 6520 says offline error has disappeared from the printer’s panel.