- Fix My Printer >>
- Pagewide Pro Mfp 477dw Factory Reset
HP PAGEWIDE PRO MFP 477DW FACTORY RESET
Factory reset is a quick method to restore your printer settings to defaults. It is performed as a part of troubleshooting some common printer problems like network connection, not printing problems, and printer settings issues.You can also factory reset your printer if you want to delete all the settings and configure new ones on your printer. You can also do it if you wish to gift or sell your printer to another person.Continue reading this page to know about factory resetting the HP PageWide Pro MFP 477dw printer settings.
Factory resetting the printer
“What happens when I factory reset my printer?”
All the configured printer settings, including the network settings, will be restored to their defaults. Once the reset process is done successfully, the printer will restart automatically. To factory reset your HP PageWide Pro MFP 477dw printer, follow the simple and quick instructions below.
- Switch on your HP printer if it is turned off.
- Now, open the dashboard on your printer. To do so, tap on the dashboard area or swipe down the dashboard tab on the home screen of your printer.
- Locate and tap on the Settings (looks like a gear) icon on the dashboard.
- Select the Printer Maintenance option followed by Restore.
- Now, the Restore screen will open.
- Locate and tap on the Restore Factory Defaults option followed by Continue.
- Now, the HP PageWide Pro MFP 477dw factory reset process will be initiated. Wait for it to complete.
- Once the factory reset process is completed, your printer will automatically restart.
- Now, configure the printer settings from the beginning and save them.
- After doing that, print a test page to check whether the settings are configured correctly.
Follow the instructions below if you’re looking for an alternative method to factory reset your HP PageWide Pro MFP 477dw printer.
- Turn off your HP printer if it is turned on.
- Now, switch on the printer while holding down its Power button.
- Once the Home, Question Mark, and Back buttons lights turn on, release the button.
- Tap Home > Back > Home > Home.
- Now, the screen displaying the Menu, Reflash, etc., options will open.
- Tap on the MENU option.
- Select Next > Next > Next.
- When the screen displays “FULL RESET,” tap OK.
- Now, the HP PageWide Pro MFP 477dw factory reset process will be initiated.
- Once it is done, reconfigure the printer settings.
Contact us to know more about factory resetting the HP PageWide Pro MFP 477dw printer settings.