- Fix My Printer >>
- Pagewide Pro 477dw Scanner Not Working
HP PAGEWIDE PRO 477DW SCANNER NOT WORKING
HP PageWide Pro 477dw is a multifunctional printer that can produce high-quality images. If the HP PageWide Pro 477dw scanner is not working, the problem might be with the connection between your printer and the computer, a driver issue, or some trouble with the printer itself. If you are looking for the procedure to fix this problem, you have reached the right place. Try out all the solutions listed in this article and fix the “scanner not working” issue in a jiffy.
CHECK THE CONNECTION BETWEEN YOUR PRINTER AND COMPUTER
- If the connection between your printer and computer is not stable, you cannot scan from your printer. Therefore, you need to check the connection before trying out the troubleshooting solutions.
- If you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, ensure that the connection is firm and secure enough at both ends.
- If you have connected your devices over a network, confirm that they are connected to the same network. In case you connect them to different networks, you cannot access your HP PageWide Pro 477dw printer from the computer.
Disable Use Printer Offline
- If you enable the Use Printer Offline option, your HP printer will go offline and you might face the “scanner not working” problem.
- To get this problem fixed, you should disable the option.
- To do it, click Start on your Windows computer and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your printer and select the See what’s printing option. Then, click the Printer tab and ensure that the Use Printer Offline option is disabled (turned off).
SET YOUR PRINTER AS THE DEFAULT MACHINE
- It is essential to set your HP PageWide Pro 477dw printer as the default machine. If you haven’t done that yet, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your HP printer, and pick the Set as default printer option.
- Now, ensure that your problem is rectified.
UPDATE THE SCANNER DRIVER
- The driver establishes the communication between your printer and computer. If the scanner driver is outdated or corrupted, the scanner may not work correctly.
- So, uninstall the scanner driver and reinstall it. See if the scanner is working now. If this doesn’t solve your problem, update the driver to the recent version.
- To update the driver, visit the official support page of HP and enter your printer model – HP PageWide Pro 477dw. Then, download the updated software that supports your OS.
- Once done, ensure that your HP PageWide Pro 477dw scanner is working.
POWER CYCLE YOUR PRINTER
Any issue can be handled to some extent with a power cycle. To do the same on your HP printer, follow these instructions.
- Turn off your HP printer.
- Disconnect the power cable from its rear port and the electrical outlet.
- Just leave your printer disconnected for a minute. Then, reconnect the power cable to your printer and the electrical outlet.
- Now, switch on your printer and ensure that the scanner is working.
If the HP PageWide Pro 477dw scanner is still not working, reach our technical experts for assistance. You can use the call option provided on this page for the purpose.