- Fix My Printer >>
- Pagewide Pro 477dw Ethernet Not Working
HP Pagewide Pro 477dw Ethernet Not Working – Fixed
HP PageWide Pro 477dw is a multifunctional printer that performs beyond your expectations. This printer supports an extensive range of connection options, including Wireless LAN, Wi-Fi Direct, USB, and Ethernet. You must check the Ethernet cable and port if you cannot connect the HP PageWide Pro 477dw printer via Ethernet. In most instances, printing a network configuration report can help you figure out the exact obstacle. Now, let us move on to the troubleshooting methods to fix the “HP PageWide Pro 477dw Ethernet not working” problem.
First Things First – Fundamentals
- In most instances, the problem exists with the Ethernet cable. Therefore, see if you are using a damaged Ethernet cable; if so, replace it.
- Ensure you are using an Ethernet cable and not a phone cable (both look similar, and you can identify an Ethernet cable with its eight visible wires on the connector).
- See if dust has accumulated in the Ethernet port. If so, clean the port and see if your problem is rectified.
- If none of these solutions fix your problem, proceed with the following section.
How To Troubleshoot The Ethernet Not Working Issue?
- Turn off your printer (in case it is turned on) and disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router and printer.
- Ensure that you are using a fault-free Ethernet cable.
- Reconnect the cable between a different Ethernet port on your router and your printer’s Ethernet port.
- Turn on your printer and check for a green light near your printer’s Ethernet port. Ensure that the green light is steady.
- Swipe down your printer’s dashboard and touch the Gear icon.
- Touch Reports followed by Network Configuration Page.
- Now, your printer will start printing the page. All you have to do is to ensure that the network status is ready.
- If the network status is ready, open a browser and type your printer’s IP address in the URL field. It will take you to the Embedded Web Server page. Here, go to the Network tab and ensure that the DNS settings are correct.
- If the network status is offline, it signifies that the issue is with your router. In that case, you can handle this problem by restarting the router.
We hope the above troubleshooting methods have helped you fix the “HP PageWide Pro 477dw Ethernet not working” issue. If you still cannot rectify the problem, get in touch with our expert team for real-time assistance. For this purpose, just utilize the call option on this page.