- HP Printer Support >>
- HP Officejet Pro L7700 Series Offline
HP OfficeJet Pro L7700 Offline
The HP Officejet Pro l7700 offline error indicates that there has been a communication failure between the printer and the computer. If your printer is connected on a wireless network, the offline issue may be due to network instability. Carry out the instructions below to resolve the offline issue.
Quick steps for resolving HP Officejet Pro l7700 offline error
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer.
- Open the software and click Start. Select the HP OfficeJet Pro I7700 printer’s name.
- Follow the prompts. If the HP Officejet Pro l7700 series offline issue persists, carry out the steps given below.
- Power off the printer and plug the power cable out.
- Restart the computer and turn the printer on.
- Try to print. Continue with the succeeding step if the issue remains unresolved.
- Verify if your printer is set as the required printing source on your computer.
- Reinstall the printer software if required.
Detailed instructions for resolving the HP OfficeJet Pro L7700 printer Offline issue
- Switch off the printer and plug the USB cable out. Check and replace the USB cable if it is damaged or worn out.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer. Once the software is installed, open the tool and click Start. Select the HP OfficeJet Pro L7700 printer name. Carry out the steps below if the HP Officejet Pro l7700 printer is offline issue persists.
- Power on the printer and turn it off again. Wait for at least 10 seconds and plug the power cord out from the printer’s rear. Power off the computer.
- Reconnect the power cord into the printer and power on the printer manually if it does not turn on automatically. Restart the router if you have established a wireless connection between the printer and your computer.
- Turn on your computer and try to print. If the computer is not able to connect to the printer, try the following steps.
- Open Devices and Printers on your Windows computer and right-click on the printer’s name. Click the Set as Default Printer option. Try to print a test page. If you are not able to print, continue with the next step.
- Update the printer firmware either from the printer’s control panel or from the manufacturer’s website.
- If the preceding step did not help, the next step towards resolving the HP Officejet Pro l7700 offline issue is the reinstallation of the printer driver.
- Open the Programs and Features on your Windows and locate HP Software. Reinstall the software from the installation CD or click the link below to download it.
- For any assistance in clearing the HP Officejet Pro l7700 offline error, ring at the click to call displayed on the page.