- Fix My Printer >>
- Hp Officejet Pro 8025e Scan To Computer Not Working
Hp Officejet Pro 8025e Scan To Computer Not Working
“Scan to Computer” is one of the coolest features that help you save the scanned copy of a document or photo on your computer. Almost all the HP multi-functional printers support this feature, and the HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e printer is one among them.However, some users have reported that the “scan to computer” feature is not working on their HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e printer. If you’re also facing the same problem, scroll down this page to know the causes and solutions to resolve it.
The “Scan to Computer” feature may not work if:
- Your computer and the HP printer are connected to different networks
- The “scan to computer” feature is disabled
- The printer driver is outdated
Perform these three troubleshooting solutions one by one. After executing each solution, check if the scan issue is fixed. If the Scan to Computer feature is not working again, perform the next solution.
Connecting the printer to your computer
- As the first step of troubleshooting the “scan to computer not working” issue, check whether your printer and the Windows or Mac computer are connected to the same network.
- If not, connect them to the same network over a wired, wireless, or USB connection.
- After doing that, scan a sample document and try to save it to your computer.
- If the scan to computer process fails again, perform the next solution given below.
Enabling the “scan to computer” feature (Windows)
- Secondly, check if the scan to computer feature is enabled on your printer. If not, enable it.
- If you have connected your OfficeJet printer to the computer using the USB cable, the “Scan to Computer” feature will be enabled automatically. If you’re using Wireless, enable “Scan to Computer” manually by following the instructions below.
- Open the HP printer software on your computer.
- Go to the Print, Scan & Fax tab followed by Scan.
- Click on the Manage Scan to Computer option followed by Enable.
- Now, check if the scan to computer feature is working. If not, perform the next solution.
Installing the latest scanner driver
- Thirdly, check if the scanner driver is up-to-date.
- If not, update it, and then perform the scan operation.
Contact us if the scan to computer feature is not working on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e printer even after performing the above three solutions.