Troubleshooting HP Officejet J4550 printer
You need to troubleshoot the HP Officejet J4550 printer if there is an error in the printer function. Troubleshooting can resolve various issues like poor print quality, ink smearing, wrong color printing, poor scanned image quality, error message, etc. Troubleshooting can be done to overcome installation errors, network issues, printer offline, hardware, and software installation problems. If there are various minor issues that occur on your device, and performing troubleshooting will take a long time to resolve them, then hard resetting the printer is the best option.
Easy Steps for Troubleshooting HP Officejet J4550 Printer common problem
- The Officejet J4500 printer throws an error message if it encounters issues.
- Know the nature of the error by referring to the error code. There are a set of error codes given for each error in the official site of the printer’s manufacturer.
- However, resolving each error sometimes takes a long period.
- So resetting the printer is the best option.
- To reset the printer, unplug the power cord.
- Wait for a few moments, press and hold # and 6 buttons simultaneously and plug in the power cord.
- Release the buttons after the printer starts.
- The printer is now reset and the alignment page will print.
Detailed Steps for Troubleshooting HP Officejet J4550 Printer common problem
- While doing a printing job, a status message ‘offline’ displays on the computer and the printer does not print. To resolve this issue, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to a diagnostic tool to automatically fix printing issues.
- Check the internet connection, ensure that the printer ON and connected to the Wi-Fi network. If none of the above troubleshooting steps work, then delete all the drivers and software related to printer and re-install it.
- Go to the system’s control panel, open Printers and Drivers, remove all the printers from the list. Now re-install printer related software and driver on the system. Configure them and run a test print. Your printer should function properly.
- When you attempt to print, the printer is not responding, or offline status displays on the Mac system. If the printer is off or unavailable to communicate with the system, then it is offline. Make sure the printer is not off or in Sleep mode, press the power button to turn on the device. Ascertain that the printer is on and ready to receive a print job.
- Ensure that the wireless symbol of the printer glows bright blue . Restart the printer and wait until it is ready to print. Even if the printer is offline, then resetting the printer is a better option.
- Resetting the printer will clear most errors, click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences on the Mac system. Right-click on the blank space of the printer list and click the Reset Printing System option to reset the device from the system, enter Admin name and password to confirm the reset and then click Ok to continue. Now try adding the printer and install the updated driver. The printer must be in the printer list and remain online.
- When the Alignment Unsuccessful error message displays, then you can perform the following things. Use clean white paper; sometimes it’s because of an unclean page the error pops up. If the blank and clean paper didn’t work, then try scanning the paper. If troubleshooting didn’t resolve the issue, then skip the error message and print the document.
- Cleaning the printhead or cartridge often resolves the issues related to alignment and print quality. Cleaning can be done either by automatic or manual mode. On the printer, go to the setting and open the tools menu and then scroll down to run printhead or ink cartridge cleaning.
- Leave the printer idle; the device will make some noise while cleaning is in process and the printer will restart automatically. If the alignment problem persists after repeating the cleaning task, perform manual cleaning.
- If none of the troubleshooting solutions work, replace the ink cartridge or contact the manufacturer for the best service.
Fix your Printer Issues
- Hp printer Installation
- how to install hp printer
- how to install hp printer drivers
- how to install driver without cd
- how to install hp printer driver on mac
- how to install driver on windows
- how to install driver on chromebook
- How to install driver in ubuntu
- how to install hp printer driver from cd
- how to install without connecting printer
- Hp printer Download
- Hp printer Update
- Hp printer setup
- Hp printer Remove
- how to remove cartridge from hp printer
- how to remove jammed paper
- how to remove print cartridge
- how to remove ink from hp printer
- how to remove pause in hp printer
- how to remove margin in hp printer
- how to remove hp printer drivers
- how to remove drivers from registry
- how to remove drivers from windows 7
- Hp printer Repair