HP Officejet 4630 Printer Wifi Issues [Solved]
The HP OfficeJet 4630 printer is an all-in-one machine designed to give out one of the best print outputs. The printer has an Auto Document Feeder (ADF) that can hold up to 35 sheets for printing, copying, and faxing purposes. It also has an auto-duplexer that helps in duplex printing. You can connect the printer to your device either through a USB cable or over a wireless network. The printer also supports Wi-Fi printing from mobile devices. Despite all the amazing features, the HP OfficeJet 4630 printer Wi-Fi issues.
In order to fix the Wi-Fi issues, you need to check the Wireless status light on the printer and see what can be done.
- Light is Off: Wireless is off. Press the Wireless button to connect the printer to the router.
- Light is blinking slowly: The printer is trying to connect, but is not connected to a wireless network.
- Light is blinking fast: An error has occurred while connecting to the wireless network.
- Light is On: The HP printer is connected to the network.
- Before we proceed with the troubleshooting methods for the HP OfficeJet 4630 printer Wi-Fi issues, check the following.
- Check if you have configured the recently updated password of the wireless network on the printer.
- Unplug the router from the main power source, wait for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in.
- Remove the power cord of the printer from the power source, wait for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in.
- Press the Power button on the printer if it does not turn on automatically.
- If the Wi-Fi signal appears to be weak, make sure to move the printer to a proximity range around the router so it can have a strong and stable connection.
- Here are the troubleshooting methods to resolve the HP Office 4630 printer Wi-Fi issues.
METHOD 1: HP PRINT & SCAN DOCTOR TOOL
- You can download the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool from the official HP Support page.
- Once the download is complete, run the HPPSdr.exe file on your computer.
- Select the HP OfficeJet 4630 printer from the list.
- If the printer is not listed, click the Retry button.
- Based on the Wi-Fi issues you are facing with the printer, follow the on-screen commands.
- You will see a green check (tick) that indicates that the printer has passed the diagnosis.
METHOD 2: UPDATE THE PRINTER FIRMWARE
- Open the HP official support page.
- Click the Software, Drivers & Firmware tab, select the Firmware, and click the Download button.
- Save the Firmware file to your computer.
- Do a double-click to start the installation and complete the firmware update for the HP printer.
METHOD 3: CHECK IF HP OFFICEJET 4630 IS OFFLINE
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Click the Devices option.
- On the left pane, select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the HP printer and delete the print jobs that are in the queue.
- Go to the printer tab and make sure the “Use Printer Offline” option is not ticked.
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Once the app is open, click the Printers option.
- Click the Diagnose & Fix option.
- Click the Start button in the dialog box and wait for a while for the analysis to complete.
- Once the diagnosis is complete, click the Done button.
METHOD 4: RECONNECT USIGN WPS
There are two ways to connect the HP printer to a wireless network. When it comes to the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), the simpler one is the Push Button Method.
- Push Button (PBC) Method
- Press and hold on to the Wireless Button on the printer for at least 3 seconds.
- The light will start blinking.
- Within the next 2 minutes, you have to press the WPS button on the router.
- The printer will try and find the connection and the configuration will take less than a minute.
- Once the connection is established, the light will be lit on.
- Now, check if the HP OfficeJet 4630 printer Wi-Fi issue has been fixed.