Simple Guide On HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1201n Setup
HP Neverstop Laser MFP1201n is an All-in-One printer that comes preinstalled with the HP Black Original Imaging Drum unit. So, there won’t be any need to install the ink cartridges or ink tanks like other printers. If you are setting up the HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1201n printer for the first time, follow the steps given below.
Unboxing The Printer:
- Start by unpacking your printer from the package.
- Take out the box contents.
- Check the printer components.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Open the top cover and pull the orange handle to remove the protective sheet from the imaging drum.
- Close the top cover and remember to recycle the packing materials.
- Fix the paper input tray into the printer.
- Slide apart the paper guides.
- Fan a stack of plain white paper and load it into the tray.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- Fix the input tray cover onto the tray and pull out the output bin extension.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord.
- Wait until the printer turns on automatically.
You have now completed half of the HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1201n printer setup. Continue reading the steps to complete the software installation.
Installing The Printer Software:
- On your computer, open the default browser after ensuring that the Internet connection is stable.
- Go to the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the printer model from the search result.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab from the left-side panel.
- Wait until your OS version is detected automatically.
- If the detected OS version is incorrect, click the Choose a different OS link.
- Choose your OS version from the drop-down menu and click Update.
- Select the HP Smart app from the displayed list and click the Install button.
- After completing the download, launch the HP Smart app.
- If prompted, sign in to your HP account with the correct login credentials. If you don’t have an HP account, create a new one.
- Click the plus symbol or add icon at the top to add your printer to the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Once your printer is added to the app, try printing a test page to verify the printer functionality.
You have now completed the HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1201n setup.