HP Neverstop Laser 1020n Setup [Simple Guide]
As a single-function monochrome laser printer, HP NeverStop Laser 1020N does not have a lot to offer. It is termed as a professional printer for all your needs. At a printing speed of 14 pages per minute, the printer is very productive compared to its predecessors. In terms of connectivity, the printer supports USB 2.0 interface and is also compatible with Windows 2000, XP, and Linux. Follow below steps for HP Neverstop Laser 1020n Setup.
Contents In The Box
- The Input tray cover
- Input tray
- USB Cord
- Power Cord
- Printer documents (User Guide and Installation Guide)
- The HP NeverStop Laser 1020N printer
When it comes to the printer setup, there is a two-step protocol you must follow.
- Hardware Setup: It involves the setting up of the printer for the very first time. The procedure includes unboxing the contents that are present and placing them in the printer.
- Software Setup: This setup process is required for the printer to be controlled by the computer. This procedure requires installing the software for the printer and adding it to the computer.
HP Neverstop Laser 1020n Hardware Setup
- Unbox the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface (preferably close to the computer).
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer and discard them.
- Open the top cover and the scanner.
- Remove the packaging material that is present inside the printer.
- Discard the orange protective material that is present inside.
- Remove the input tray from the sealed packaging.
- Slide the input tray into the printer (in front) until it snaps in place.
- Have a paper stack ready in hand.
- Place the stack into the input tray.
- Move the blue tab present inside according to the edges of the paper.
- Unpack the input tray cover from the sealed packaging and close the input tray.
- Remove the power cord from the sealed packaging.
- Connect the power cord to the main power source and to the rear end of the printer.
- The HP Neverstop Laser 1020N printer will turn on automatically.
- The hardware setup for the printer is complete.
HP Neverstop 1020n Software Setup
Since the installation CD does not come with the printer, you need to download the printer driver from the official HP support page.
- In your browser, open the support page for the HP NeverStop Laser 1020N printer.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab on the left pane.
- Click the Choose a different OS option.
- Select the OS you are using from the Operating System drop-down and the version from the Version drop-down.
- Click the Change button.
- Click the Driver-Product Installation Software link (Note: For both Windows and Mac, the best driver is the HP Smart app).
- You will notice Install HP Smart and add your printer. Scroll down and click the Install button.
- Depending on the OS on your computer (Windows or Mac), the App Store or the Microsoft Store page will open.
- Download the HP Smart app.
HP 1020n Software Installation
- Make sure that the HP NeverStop Laser 1020N printer is connected to the wireless network.
- You must create an HP account to access all the functions of the printer.
- Once the HP Smart app download is complete, run the installation.
- Open HP Smart.
- Usually, the app finds the printer automatically. If not, click the + button and add the HP printer to the app.
- Complete the installation for the HP NeverStop Laser 1020N printer.
You have successfully completed the steps for the HP NeverStop Laser 1020N setup printer with the procedures for hardware and software setup. Follow the steps as described. If you have any queries that need to be addressed, click the CALL button on this page.