- Fix My Printer >>
- Hp Mfp M479fdw Factory Reset
HP MFP M479FDW FACTORY RESET
Almost all printer problems are solvable. However, some issues persist even after performing the advanced troubleshooting methods. In this case, you can use the reset option or feature to resolve the problem.
A factory reset is sometimes performed as a part of troubleshooting when the recommended solutions fail to resolve the printer issue. You can also factory reset your printer if:
- You have configured your printer settings wrongly.
- You wish to gift or sell the printer to someone.
Factory resetting- HP MFP-M479FDW
Factory resetting is a pretty simple and straightforward process. However, the reset procedure might vary based on the printer model you’re using. This page shows you how to factory reset the HP MFP-M479FDW printer settings to default.
What happens when you reset your printer?
All the configured settings, including network settings, will be restored to their defaults.
The setting that remains unchanged even after the factory reset process is the page count. At the same time, the page details that are stored in the printer’s memory will be deleted permanently.
To factory reset your HP M479FDW Multi-Functional printer, prepare it for the same.
- Remove the remaining paper left in the tray.
- Check to ensure that the printer is not performing any operation (cancel or complete the ongoing process if there is one).
- Disconnect your HP printer from the computer if it is connected.
Factory reset- Quick steps
- Switch on your HP M479FDW multi-functional printer if it is turned off.
- Check to ensure that the home screen of your printer is opened.
- Now, open the printer’s dashboard.
- Tap the Setup icon.
- Scroll through the Setup screen and choose the Printer Maintenance option.
- Select the Restore option followed by Restore Factory Defaults.
- The reset process will restore the configured settings to their original defaults.
- Your HP M479FDW printer will automatically restart once the factory reset is done successfully.
- Now, reconfigure the printer settings from scratch as per your preferences.
If you wish to reset one specific setting like country/region, follow the instructions below for the same.
- Open the Printer menu.
- Select the Service Menu option.
- Choose the Reset Menu option by tapping the down arrow button on the opened screen.
- Tap OK.
- Choose the option that you want to reset from the list.
- Select Semi-full Reset by tapping the down arrow button.
- Tap OK to reset the selected printer setting.
Contact us to know more about factory resetting your HP MFP M479FDW printer.