- Fix My Printer >>
- HP Laserjet Tank 2604sdw Wireless Setup
HP Laserjet Tank 2604sdw Wireless Setup
Wondering how to do HP Laserjet Tank 2604sdw Wireless Setup? If yes, begin the wireless setup now with this guide.In this article, we have covered two easy, simple, and quick methods that will help you set up this LaserJet Tank printer for wireless communication. Read both methods thoroughly. After that, choose the one you find easier for you to perform.So, why wait? Let’s get started!
HP Laserjet Tank 2604sdw Wireless Setup – Two Simple Methods
Two simple methods that help you set up the printer for wireless communication are listed below.
- Using the HP Smart app (Go with this method if you’re looking to set up the printer on your latest Windows or Mac computer).
- Using the WPS method (If you have a WPS-enabled router, choose this method for wireless communication).
Both these methods are pretty easy to perform.
Preparing The Devices For Wi-fi
However, before you start the Wi-Fi setup, check whether the printer, router, and computer are prepared for the same. If not, prepare your devices by following the instructions below.
- Ensure that your HP LaserJet printer, computer, and router (that you’re using) are turned on.
- Check if the printer’s hardware setup is completed. If not, finish it now.
- Ensure that the Ethernet or USB cable is not connected to your printer.
- Connect the Mac or Windows (that you’re using) computer to a stable Internet connection.
- Install the HP Smart app on your computer from the printer’s support page if you haven’t installed it yet.
Wi-fi Setup Using The Hp Smart App
- You can use the HP Smart app for wireless setup if your printer is in Wi-Fi setup mode or it is already connected to the network (to which you have connected your computer).
- The Wi-Fi setup mode activates on your printer when you turn on the machine for the first time. This mode deactivates automatically after two hours or if you press the Wi-Fi button within two hours after turning on the printer.
- You have to restore the printer’s network settings to default to re-enable or put your printer back in the Wi-Fi Setup mode. (Refer to the instructions given below, in the ‘Wi-Fi Setup Using the WPS method’ section if you want to pre-connect your printer to the wireless network).
- First, hold down the Information button for 5 seconds on your printer to begin the restore process.
- Next, use the Cancel and Wireless button combo to restore the printer’s network settings. Hold down these buttons simultaneously for a few seconds. Once the wireless light starts blinking, release the buttons.
- Congratulations! You have successfully enabled the Wireless Setup mode on your printer.
- Now, launch the app on your device. Click Add a printer and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your printer for wireless communication.
Wi-fi Setup Using The Wps Method
You need a WPS-enabled router to perform the HP LaserJet Tank 2604sdw wireless setup using this method. So, get the router you need and begin the Wi-Fi setup as instructed below.
- First, enable the WPS feature on your printer.
- You can do this using the Wi-Fi button. Hold the button for five seconds or until the Wi-Fi light blinks.
- Next, go to the router and press the WPS button.
- Once your HP LaserJet printer is connected to the network, the Wi-Fi light stops blinking.
- Now, use the HP Smart app or the HP Laserjet Tank 2604sdw Wireless Setup.
Contact us for further assistance using the Call button.