- Fix My Printer >>
- HP Mfp M479fdw Paper Jam
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp M479fdw Paper Jam
When a paper is jammed inside your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw printer, an error will get displayed on its control panel. To fix the HP MFP M479fdw paper jam error, you have to identify the jammed area. To help you with that, your printer displays the area where the jam occurred along with the error message. This troubleshooting guide will be the ultimate solution to solve the paper jam error and get rid of the problem in all circumstances. Without any delay, let’s see how to fix the paper jam error.
Paper Jammed In Tray 1
- First, go to tray 1 and remove the jammed paper by pulling it out.
- Remember that if you can’t see any jammed paper in tray 2, move to tray 1 to begin the process.
- Next, open paper tray 1 and check if you have completely removed the jammed paper.
- Slide apart the paper guides.
- Fan a stack of plain sheets and insert it into tray 1.
- Adjust the paper stack using the guides.
- Close the tray and restart your printer.
- Next, check if you have selected the correct paper settings on the printer control panel display.
- Print any document from the connected computer to check if the HP MFP M479fdw paper jam issue is resolved.
Paper Jammed In Tray 2
- When you see the error indicating that paper is jammed in tray 2, turn off your printer.
- Let the printer cool down.
- Pull tray 2 out of the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper and take out the paper stack.
- Fan the plain sheets well and reinsert them into tray 2.
- Slide the paper guides against the plain sheets and close the tray.
- Turn on your printer and check if the problem is resolved by printing a test page.
- If the HP MFP M479fdw paper jam issue reoccurs, ensure that you have selected the correct print media in the paper settings.
- Remove and reinsert the paper stack into the tray.
- Retry to print your documents and check if the problem is resolved.
Things To Consider To Avoid Paper Jam Issues
- Always insert a limited number of plain sheets into the tray.
- Make sure that you fan the plain sheets before inserting them into the tray.
- Remember that you should not adjust the paper guides tightly against the paper stack.
- Make sure not to load any wrinkled or curled paper into the tray.
- Set the correct paper settings on the printer control panel before printing your document.
- Do not assign multiple print jobs at a time.
Hope these troubleshooting techniques to resolve the HP MFP M479fdw paper jam issue have helped you. Don’t hesitate to implement our troubleshooting techniques. We always have your back covered. You can also communicate with our technical experts to fix the paper jam issues on your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw printer. To do that, make use of the call option.