HP LaserJet M209dwe Wireless Setup
HP LaserJet M209dwe is a monochrome laser printer that offers one of the best 2-sided printing of its class. The printer is designed to be best suitable for home office or small business use. The printer is easy to set up & easy to use; download the HP Smart app and get the setup done in simple steps. The printer produces documents with a print speed of 30 pages per minute.
Before you begin the HP LaserJet M209dwe wireless setup
- Make sure the HP LaserJet M209dwe printer is not connected using an Ethernet cable.
- Ensure that the wireless network is set up and working properly.
- To print wirelessly, make sure the computer is connected to the same network as the printer.
There are two ways to perform the HP LaserJet M209dwe wireless setup.
- WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP
- WI-FI DIRECT
Let us look at the steps for both methods.
WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP
- Make sure the HP LaserJet M209dwe printer is turned on.
- Ensure that the printer is close or within the proximity range of the wireless router.
- From the HP printer control panel, tap and hold the Wireless button for 3 seconds.
- You will notice the wireless light on the printer blinking.
- Within the next 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
- Once the connection is made, the wireless light will turn solid (It means the wireless connection is successful).
Wi-Fi Direct makes the printer act as an access point.
TO TURN ON WI-FI DIRECT
- Press and hold the Information (i) button on the control panel for about 3 seconds.
- All the control panel lights will be lit.
- Now, press the Down arrow button and the Wi-Fi button at the same time.
- Again, press the Information button on the control panel. This will print the Wi-Fi Direct credentials.
(For example: let’s connect a smartphone to the Wi-Fi Direct network)
- Open the Settings icon on your phone.
- Tap the Wi-Fi option.
- Select the SSID that goes by the name DIRECT-**- HP LaserJet….
- Enter the password in the field, and the connection will be secure.
Once the printer is connected to Wi-Fi, or if your device is connected to the printer over Wi-Fi Direct, you can add the printer to the HP Smart app.
- Download the HP Smart app from the Microsoft Store or the Apple Store.
- Once done, open the app.
- The HP Smart app will automatically find the printer and it will be added.
- You can enjoy wireless printing at ease.
Follow one of the two methods to perform the HP LaserJet M209dwe wireless setup.