HP J4580 Printer Troubleshooting
The HP J4580 printer troubleshooting steps are easy to follow as the printer encounters only minor issues that can be rectified by the user. If your wireless printer goes offline, install the HP Print and Scan software that is specially designed to diagnose the offline issues. Also, check if your printer driver software is outdated and update them if required. If both the solutions did not work, then you need to check if the printer connections are secure.
Steps To Troubleshoot J4580
- Check if your printer is turned on.
- Inspect all the cables connected to your device. Make sure they are not loosely connected and are firmly secured.
- Make sure that the printer’s network connection is active and the signal is strong.
- Update your printer software if it is outdated.
- Check if you have selected the correct SSID and entered the right password while connecting to the network.
- Reset your printer and configure its settings again.
- Unplug the power and other cables connected to your printer and re-insert them.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool if it is a printing or scanning problem.
Related Articles For “HP Printer Problems”
Troubleshoot The HP J4580 Printer
To HP J4580 printer troubleshooting, first, rectify the issue.
- If you are not able to connect your printer after you have altered the router settings, then head to the control panel of the printer.
- To launch the Wireless Setup Wizard, locate the Wireless icon and touch it.
- Tap the Setup icon followed by the Restore Network Settings.
- Once you have restored the default network settings, touch the back arrow and select the Wireless Settings.
- Tap the Wireless Setup Wizard option and wait until the printer searches for the networks available nearby.
- Select the Service Set Identifier (SSID) and enter the network password.
- A blue wireless light on the control panel starts flashing indicating a successful connection.
When you cannot find your printer during the driver setup, then proceed with the HP J4580 printer troubleshooting steps below.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the application to diagnose and solve the issue.
- Move to the Choose Your Product step and look for your printer.
- If the device isn’t mentioned, then select the My product is not listed option and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- Remove the HP driver software and install it again.
If you are not able to connect your printer to the AirPrint, then follow the steps below.
- Initially, check the internet connection.
- Make sure the Apple device and your printer are on the same network.
- Restart the device and check the network connection status.
- On your mobile, check if AirPrint is enabled.
- Choose an alternate method like Wi-Fi Direct for printing.
Regarding the cartridge issues with your HP Officejet J4580, make sure you install the recommended cartridges and check if they are compatible with your printer.
- Avoid re-filling the cartridges as it may reduce the print quality.
- Remove the cartridges from their slots and insert them back.
- Try cleaning the cartridge and its contacts as parts of ink may deposit on them.
- Reset the J4580 printer by disconnecting the power cord from the electrical outlet and plug it back.
- Replace the cartridge that creates the new one.
- Approach a technical expert for further help on HP J4580 printer troubleshooting issue if it remains unresolved.