HP Envy 5640 Photo Copy Document Problem [Fixed]
The HP Envy 5640 Photo Copy problem is also known as the Photo Tray problem. In this case, your printer will display the following error message on its control panel:
Photo Tray Problem
Once the above message is displayed, the printer will stop printing. To resolve this issue, carry out the troubleshooting methods given here:
Method 1: Ensuring The Correct Seating Of The Photo Tray
- First, ensure that the printer is placed on a flat surface.
- Next, you need to push in the output tray extender.
- Pull the input tray out, but refrain from removing it completely.
- It is now time to remove the output tray from the printer.
- Confirm that the photo tray is seated correctly.
- Make sure that the photo tray’s guide tabs are sliding well under the main tray guides. Ensure that this happens on both sides of the input tray (left and right).
- Make sure that the photo tray moves smoothly without any resistance and continue with the procedure to fix the HP Envy 5640 Photo Copy problem.
- You can now reinstall the output tray>. Check if the edges line up with your printer’s input tray.
- Try printing now.
- If the photo tray problem persists, attempt to print or copy a document after removing the output tray. If you find that the issue occurs while the output tray is installed, then the problem lies with the output tray. This scenario means that the output tray might have to be replaced.
- Once you complete the above procedure, the HP Envy 5640 Photo Copy problem should be fixed. If not, just move on to the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Performing A Power Reset
- First, press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.
- Next, unplug the power cable from the electrical socket.
- Remove the power cable from the rear section of the printer.
- Next, remove the USB cable from the rear section of the printer.
- Now, you have to wait patiently for 30 seconds.
- At the end of 30 seconds, reconnect the power cable to the rear section of the printer. And, plug this cable into the electrical socket once again.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button on it.
- You can now reconnect the USB cable to the printer.
- If the issue is resolved, well and good. However, if the HP Envy 5640 Photo Copy problem persists, move on to the next troubleshooting method.
Method 3: Modifying The Copy Options
- On your HP printer control panel, press the Down arrow button to choose the Copy Menu option and then press the OK button.
- Now, you have to use the Down arrow button to choose the Paper Size option. Press the OK button.
- Similarly, select the Automatic option and press the OK button.
- Now, you need to press the Down arrow button to select the Set as New Defaults option. Press the OK button.
- You will find that the Set as New Defaults menu is displayed on the printer display.
- Next, make use of the Down arrow button to pick the Yes, change defaults option. Press the OK button.
- The above steps should fix the HP Envy 5640 Photo Copy problem.
In case you cannot fix the HP Envy 5640 Photo Copy document problem even after trying the above troubleshooting methods, do not worry! Just click on the Call button provided on this page. Our Technical Team will be happy to help you to resolve any issues.