HP Envy 5540 Not Printing [Solved]
HP Envy 5540 is an all-in-one printer with a mobile printing feature like AirPrint and it also supports 2-sided printing. With the HP Smart app, the printer setup is made simple and you can access most of the printer features right from the app itself. It can easily print up to 12 pages per minute for black and 8 pages per minute for color. Despite the features, the HP Envy 5540 not printing at certain times.
There are certain issues to look at if the printer is not printing. The problem could have happened while performing a print job or could be a hardware setup issue.
Initial HP Envy Troubleshooting
- Make sure the HP Envy 5540 printer is connected to the power source and turned on.
- Check if the printer is out of ink; replace the cartridge if necessary.
- Notice if there is enough paper in the tray.
If the mentioned steps do not help you in any way, here are some troubleshooting methods that can fix your HP Envy 5540 printer that is not printing.
Method 1: Reset The Hp Envy 5540 Printer
The best solution is a simple reset, be it for any printer.
- Make sure the HP printer is turned on.
- Remove the power cord from the power source.
- Leave the printer idle for 5-10 minutes.
- Connect the power cord back to the power source.
- When the printer starts, try printing on it.
Method 2: Check The Print Media In The Paper Tray
- Make sure the paper in the tray are not bent or damaged in any way.
- Pull out the paper tray from the bottom of the printer and remove the tray cover.
- Remove the stack and even them properly.
- Fan out the paper stack and check for any torn paper; discard them if found.
- Arrange the paper again and place them in the paper tray.
Method 3: Replace Ink Cartridges
- Make sure the HP Envy 5540 printer is turned on.
- Open the access door of the HP printer.
- Press and release the cartridges from the slot and keep them aside.
- Remove the new cartridges from the sealed packaging. Also, remove the protective tape from the cartridges.
- Place the ink cartridges into their slots.
- Close the access door of the HP printer.
After performing these methods, check if your HP Envy 5540 not printing. For more troubleshooting solutions, contact our tech support.