HP Envy 5000 Not Printing Mac
While we all know that HP printers are pretty reliable, one of the problems we are bound to face is the not printing issue. When it comes to not printing issues, it is quite common with the HP Envy 5000 printer. Though the HP Envy 5000 printer is reliable, sometimes, it might not respond during times of need.
Various reasons might result in the HP Envy 5000 printer not printing problem. Some of them are given here.
- The print job is stuck and not responding
- There are paper jams
- The printer is offline
- There could be a problem with the Internet connection or the wireless connection
- There is a power outage or a fluctuation
- There’s some problem with the ink cartridges
There is an error code that will denote that the HP Envy 5000 printer is not printing. When you come across the problem of the HP Envy 5000 printer not printing, you will find this error code on the printer’s LCD. There are several methods to solve the HP Envy 5000 printer not printing issue.
Method 1: Reset the printer
- Make sure that the HP Envy 5000 printer is turned on.
- Disconnect and completely remove the power cord from the main power source.
- This is when you have to wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Connect the power cord back to the power source and turn on the printer.
- See if the HP Envy 5000 printer not printing error is resolved.
Method 2: Check the ink cartridges
Ink cartridges are the main thing when it comes to printing, and they could be one of the reasons why the HP Envy 5000 printer is not printing.
- Make sure the HP Envy 5000 printer is turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Gently remove each of the ink cartridges and see if you have removed the protective tape from the bottom.
- You can also wipe the contacts on the cartridges with a lint-free cloth.
- Place the ink cartridges back into the respective slots and close the cartridge access door.
Method 3: Printer is offline
- Click on the Apple icon.
- Select the option named System Preferences.
- Select either the Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners option.
- Move the mouse cursor to the Printer window, do a right-click, and select Reset printing system.
- In the confirmation window, click the Reset button.
Now, try to print a document on your HP Envy 5000 printer from your Mac computer. You will find the issue resolved. In case the problem persists, just move on to the next method.
Method 4: Check the wireless connection
If you have the HP Envy 5000 printer connected to your Mac wirelessly, there could be a problem with the wireless connection leading to the HP Envy printer not printing issue.
- On the HP printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon.
- Select Settings > Wireless Settings.
- You will now see two options. Choose Wireless Setup Wizard from the two options.
- Select your wireless network from the list.
- Enter the password for the wireless network when prompted.
- Once the connection is successful, the printer will be paired to the wireless network.
You can check the connection report from the following steps.
- Touch the Wireless option on the screen.
- Select Settings > Print Reports > Wireless Test Report.
If you implement one or more methods from the ones mentioned on this page, you can easily resolve the HP Envy 5000 printer not printing problem. For more clarifications, click the CALL button linked to this page. We are happy to assist you.