HP Envy 4502 Scan to Email
HP Envy 4502 is an All-in-One multifunctional printer that is capable of performing all your daily printing tasks. As it is a technology-driven printer, you have multiple connectivity options such as USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, HP ePrint, Mopria Print Service, and Apple AirPrint. The printer has a flatbed scanner with a resolution of up to 1200 x 2400 dpi. Scanning to email is one of the most underrated features of any printer. You can scan any document on your printer and save them directly to a folder on your server or send them to your email address, colleagues, or contacts. Let us discuss the HP Envy 4502 Scan to Email functionality in the below segments.
STEPS TO PERFORM SCAN TO EMAIL FUNCTIONALITY:
- Lift the printer’s scanner lid and place the document on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Select Scan from the Home screen on the printer display.
- If you are unable to view the Scan option, press the Home button, and then press the Up/Down keys until you see the Scan option.
- Before proceeding with the further steps, you must have at least one email address in the address book.
- You also need to configure the email SMTP settings from the Field properties.
- Establish a wired/wireless connection between your printer and the computer.
- Open the HP printer software on your PC.
- Under the Print & Scan settings, select the Scan option.
- Now click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Under Scan Shortcuts, specify the file type such as PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and more.
- Select the quality of scan: 200 x 200 dpi, 300 x 300 dpi, 400 x 400 dpi, 1200 x 2400 dpi, etc.
- The higher the dpi (Dots per inch), the better the quality of the scanned document, but the file size will get larger.
- Modify the file size, as many email inboxes restrict large file sizes.
- Change the file name to identify that it’s you who have sent the document.
- Before sending the scanned document, type the Email Subject Line, Message and Sender Email Address to avoid confusion.
- Click on the Scan button.
- However, you also have the option to review and modify the basic settings.
ALTERNATE WAY TO PERFORM SCAN TO EMAIL:
- Print the configuration setup page to know the IP Address of your HP Envy 4502 printer (Note it down for future reference).
- Connect your computer to a stable network.
- Open the default web browser.
- Type your printer’s IP Address on the search bar and hit Enter.
- On the webpage, click on the Digital Sending tab.
- From there, click on the Email settings menu.
- You need to enter the SMTP Gateway settings and the email address to which you want to send the notification.
- Click on Apply to save the settings.
- So, these are the steps that will be useful to perform the Scan to Email functionality on your HP Envy 4502 printer.