HP DeskJet Plus 4155 USB Setup [Quick Guide]
HP DeskJet Plus 4155 is an All-in-One printer that supports both USB and wireless connections. Despite its compact size, it has both sheet-fed and flatbed scanners. Also, the printer prints documents with excellent color accuracy that suits well for home use. The supported media types are photo paper, cards, labels, plain paper, and envelopes. Here we will be discussing HP DeskJet Plus 4155 USB setup in detail.
HP DeskJet 4155 Hardware Setup
Initially, see if you have completed the hardware setup of your HP DeskJet Plus 4155 printer. If yes, you can go to the next step. If not, keep reading these steps to know how to perform the hardware setup.
- The box contains the printer, user manual, power cable, and two cartridges (Black ink cartridge and a Tri-color ink cartridge).
- Take the printer out from the box package and remove all the unnecessary tapes, stickers, and packaging materials from it.
- Open the scanner lid and remove the packaging materials kept for protection.
- Connect the power cord to the rear end of the printer with the other side connected to the power source.
- Install the ink cartridges one by one to their respective slots.
- Load the paper into the input tray.
- Finally, install the printer software and driver and you are good to go with the USB setup.
HP DeskJet Plus 4155 Driver
For the USB setup, you need the printer driver. So, carry out these steps to get the printer driver on your computer.
- Go to the default web browser on your computer and type the HP support page URL.
- Enter your printer model (HP DeskJet Plus 4155) and press the Enter key.
- Click on the Software, Drivers and Firmware menu.
- Choose your Operating system (Windows/ Mac OS/ Android/ iOS) followed by the OS version.
- Now, you can download the driver to your PC.
Connect HP DJPlus 4155 To USB
The steps given here are for the USB setup using the HP Smart app. If your computer is not compatible with the HP Smart app, then you can run the compatible HP printer driver and follow the steps to complete the USB setup.
Now, carry out these steps for the USB setup using HP Smart:
- Do not connect your HP DeskJet Plus 4155 printer to your computer using a USB cable before you begin the driver installation.
- Make sure you have HP Smart App installed on your PC.
- Open the HP Smart App and click on Add a printer.
- Select Set up a new printer and a new window appears with Wireless, Ethernet, and USB options. Click on the USB option and select Continue.
- Now, you need to plug one end of the USB cable into the printer and the other end to the USB port of your computer or laptop.
- Click on Connect Printer. The computer will start finding your printer. After verifying the model number of your printer, click Continue.
- Now, the printer will be connected to your PC.
- You can exit the setup by clicking on the Exit Setup option present on the window’s top left side.
- You will see your printer displayed on the screen with all the functionalities that your printer can perform.
- You can cross-check by double-clicking on the printer image itself. A different window opens up. Under printer information, you will be able to see your printer’s Name, Model, Installation status, Connection type (USB), Connection status, Firmware version, and much more.
- Now, you have completed the HP DeskJet Plus 4155 USB setup.