- Fix My Printer >>
- Deskjet 3050a Not Connecting To Wifi
HP Deskjet 3050a Not Connecting To Wifi
“Is your HP Deskjet 3050a printer not connecting to Wi-Fi?” Don’t worry. This is a well-known problem faced and solved by many. This printer troubleshooting article will guide you in resolving it easily and quickly.
Resolving “HP Deskjet 3050a not connecting to Wi-Fi”
The printer may not connect to the wireless network due to so many reasons like:
- Unstable internet connection
- Problem with the router
- Problem with the printer settings, etc.
Whatever the causes might be, you can resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue with the simple and easy-to-do troubleshooting guide given on this page.
Best and Quick Solutions
- Turn on the router: In most cases, these kinds of Wi-Fi problems occur if your router is turned off or placed too far from the printer.
- So, as the first step, check whether the router is turned on. If not, switch it on now.
- Also, ensure that the router is placed closer to your printer.
- Connect the printer to a compatible network type: Using an incompatible network type can also lead to these kinds of problems.
- Make sure that you’re using the network type that is supported by the HP Deskjet 3050a printer.
- Restart the printer and wireless router, if required.
- Disable the firewall or antivirus software: In some cases, the firewall or antivirus software installed on your computer can block the printer from connecting to the Wi-Fi network.
- If you have installed or turned on any security feature or software on your computer or network, temporarily disable it and then try connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi network.
If HP Deskjet 3050a is not connecting to Wi-Fi again, and the Wireless light is blinking blue continuously on the printer control panel, restore the printer’s network settings. Then, connect the printer to Wi-Fi from its EWS page.
Restoring the Network Settings to default
- Turn on your HP Deskjet 3050a printer.
- Press the button named “Menu” on your printer’s control panel.
- Now, the Wireless Menu screen will open on your printer.
- Select Settings > Restore Defaults.
- Now, the network settings of your printer will be restored to their defaults.
Reconnect the printer to your wireless network using the EWS page. To do this, you need to obtain your printer’s IP address. You can identify it by printing the network configuration page of your printer.
Printing the Network Configuration Page
- Open the Wireless Menu screen on your printer.
- Choose the Print Reports option on the opened screen.
- Locate and select the Configuration option on the Print Reports screen.
- Now, your printer will start printing the Network Configuration page.
- Once the page is printed, note down the IP address of your printer.
Connecting your printer to Wi-Fi
- onnect your Windows, Mac computer, or laptop to the same wireless network (to which you want to connect the printer) and open a web browser on it.
- ype the printer’s IP address in the search field and tap Enter.
- o to the Network tab followed by the Wireless (802.11) section.
- lick on the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- ow, the Wireless Setup Wizard panel will open on the right side of your screen.
- lick the Start Wizard button to begin the Wi-Fi setup.
- onnect your printer to the Wi-Fi network by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- nce your HP Deskjet printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network, run and install its driver on the computer.
- f you’re using the latest version of macOS, add the printer to the Printers list from the Printers & Scanners screen. Once you do this, the necessary printer drivers will be automatically installed on your computer.
If the HP Deskjet 3050a printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi again, contact us.