HP – DeskJet 2725 Wireless Setup
There are various ways to perform your HP DeskJet 2725 printer’s wireless setup . Here, we will see two different methods to do the same:.
- Connecting the printer to a wireless network using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
- Connecting the printer to a wireless network by utilizing the HP printer software.
You can follow the Push Button method if you are having a WPS router that includes a WPS push button. In case you are not sure about your router having a push button, follow the PIN method.
Now, continue reading to know how to perform the HP DeskJet 2725 wireless setup using the PBC ( Push Button Configuration ) method.
Push Button Configuration Method:
- Press the Wireless button on the printer and hold it for at least 3 seconds.
- Turn your attention to the router and press the WPS button on it.
- Your HP printer will start a timer for approximately 2 minutes, during which the wireless connection will be established.
- You can be sure that your printer is connected successfully if you find the light beside the Wireless button turns steady blue.
- You have now performed the Push Button Configuration method to complete the HP printer setup.
The PIN Method:
- Press and hold the Wireless button and the Information button at the same time on your printer. Hold them for at least 5 seconds. This action will begin the WPS PIN method and help you print a page that contains the WPS
- It is now time to open your wireless router or access point’s configuration software on your computer. Once you have opened the software, enter the WPS PIN code.
- It will take roughly 2 minutes for your printer to get connected. So, wait patiently for the connection to be established.
- You can be sure that your printer is connected successfully if you find the light beside the Wireless button turn steady blue.
- You have now used the PIN method to perform your HP DeskJet 2725 printer’s wireless setup.
Now, follow the instructions in the next method to connect your HP printer to a wireless network.
Wireless Setup using the HP Printer Software:
Before you start connecting your printer to your wireless network using this method, make sure that the following conditions are met:
- You need a wireless 802.11b/g/n network, which includes a wireless router or an access point.
- You should have a computer that is connected to the wireless network to which you are planning to connect the printer.
- The Network Name or SSID is required.
- You should know the WEP key or the WPA Passphrase (if required).
- In case you have not installed the HP printer software on your Windows computer, make use of these steps:
- Navigate to the hp.com website.
- Download the printer software.
- Install the software on your computer.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
- In case you have got the HP printer software installed on your Windows computer, follow these steps. These steps will help you perform the HP DeskJet 2725 wireless setup :
- First, launch the HP printer software on your computer.
- Choose the Tools option in the software.
- Select the Device Setup & Software
- Click on the Connect a new device
- Complete the remaining on-screen instructions to finish the wireless setup.