HP Deskjet 2600 Setup With Chromebook OS [Quick Guide]
The HP DeskJet 2600 All-in-One printer has a compact design that suits small home offices. This printer supports both USB and Wi-Fi connectivity. You can print any documents from your mobile devices, including Android, Windows mobile, iOS, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle. The instructions for the HP DeskJet 2600 setup with Chromebook OS are given below.
Simple Steps For HP Printer Setup With Chromebook
Adding HP Printer To Your Chromebook
- Before starting, turn on your printer and complete the basic printer settings.
- Load some plain paper in the paper input tray.
- Connect your printer to the local wireless network using the WPS Push Button method.
- Next, connect your Chromebook to the same wireless network.
- If necessary, you can also connect your printer and the Chromebook via a standard USB cable.
- Ensure that your Chromebook is updated to the latest version of Chrome OS.
- After setting up the basic requirements, click the clock in the bottom-right corner of your Chromebook.
- Click the Settings icon and select the Advanced tab at the bottom of the page.
- Click Printers below Printing and then select Add Printer.
- Choose your printer’s name from the displayed list and click the Add button.
- In case your printer’s name is not displayed, click Add Manually and enter your printer information in the required fields.
- Finally, click Add and continue setting up HP DeskJet 2600 with Chromebook OS.
Installing HP Print For Chrome Extension
- Verify whether that you have an active Internet connection on your Chromebook.
- Ensure that you have an active Gmail or Google Chrome account. Or else, create a new account.
- Verify that your Chrome browser is updated to the latest version.
- Check whether your printer is properly connected to your Chromebook and open the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for the HP Print for Chrome app and click the Add to Chrome button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the extension.
Printing from your Chromebook:
- On your Chromebook, launch the Chrome browser and open the webpage or document you wish to print.
- Click the Menu icon (three vertical dots) and then select the Print option from the drop-down list.
- Click the Change button below Destination and choose your printer’s name below Print Destinations.
- After selecting the required print settings, click the Print button.
- You have now finished the HP DeskJet 2600 setup with Chromebook OS.