HP 4650 Printer Troubleshooting
HP 4650 printer troubleshooting is the process of rectifying errors that occur with the printer. The Below given are solutions to a few common problems like printer offline, scan issues, copy and fax issues. Make use of the solutions below to solve the errors by yourself. After you troubleshoot the printer, perform a test print to ensure that the issue has been resolved.
Quick Solution On How To Troubleshoot Your HP Officejet 4650 Printer
- Find the error with your HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to resolve the Printer Offline error.
- Set your HP Officejet 4650 printer as the default printer.
- Reinstall the printer driver to get rid of the Black Ink not printing issue.
- Restart the computer and the printer to resolve the USB scanner connection error.
- Reset the printer to verify the power source and solve problems related to copying.
- Print a fax test report and check the connection between the computer and the printer to sort out any fax issues.
Related Articles For “HP Printer Not Printing”
Detailed Steps On How To Troubleshoot HP Officejet 4650 Printer
Your HP printer can face issues related to both printing and scanning. To resolve such errors, follow the HP 4650 printer troubleshooting steps given below.
NETWORK CONNECTION ERROR:
To resolve the Printer Offline error, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer.
- Click the Start button to run the software. It will perform a scan and find out the issue that has occurred with your printer. Follow the guidelines displayed to solve the issue.
- Go to Windows and search for Devices and select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Make sure the box near the Let Windows Manage my default Printer is not ticked. Select the printer name that matches with your HP printer from the list and tap Manage.
- Choose the Set as Default option to set your printer as the default printer.
BLACK INK NOT PRINTING:
If you face any cartridge related issues, you should carry out the following HP 4650 printer troubleshooting methods to sort them out.
- Uninstall the HP printer driver and install it again to rectify this error.
- Check whether you are using genuine HP ink cartridges. Usage of duplicate cartridges will lead to unwanted issues. Refilling should also be done with original HP ink.
- Navigate to the Setup option from the control panel of your printer and select the Tools option.
- Swipe the screen upwards and tap the Clean Page Smears option. Wait until the HP printer feeds a blank page. Perform a test print to ensure a correct working.
- The USB scanner connection error can occur if there are any issues with your USB connection. With the help of the below-mentioned procedure, you can get rid of the issue.
USB SCANNER CONNECTION ERROR:
- The first solution is to restart the computer and your HP printer. Turn off your HP printer. Close all the background programs running on your computer and power cycle it.
- Wait for a few minutes and then turn on your computer and printer. Try to scan a document to verify whether the error has resolved.
- If connected through a wired connection, unplug the USB cable from the computer and insert it after a few seconds.
- Delete the driver file from the system and install it again to rectify the error with HP 4650 printer troubleshooting.
- Check the power source provided to the HP printer. Detach the power source from the printer and attach it again to get rid of this problem.
- Clean the ADF rollers with the help of a lint-free cloth dipped in distilled water.
- Reset the HP printer to overcome any copying related issues.
- There might be technical glitches while trying to send or receive a fax, try the solutions stated here to solve them.
- From the printer’s control panel, search for the Run Fax Test option under the Fax menu. Check the report for any failed tests and follow the guidelines to solve the problem.
- Verify whether the number you have dialed is correct. Re-enter the number and try to send the fax again.
- Inspect the connection between your computer and printer. If the connection is not proper, then this issue might occur.
- Service your HP printer if the above HP 4650 printer troubleshooting solutions fail.