- Fix My Printer >>
- HP Deskjet 2540 is asking for password
HP 2540 series printer wifi password
Printers generally do not ask for a password. It happens only when it is connected to a wireless device. When the device is connected through the HP Wireless Direct printer, it prompts for a password. Follow the steps given below to obtain the HP 2540 series printer wifi password.
Steps to obtain HP Deskjet 2540 wireless direct password
- Touch the HP Wireless Direct icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Go to the Network Setup or Wireless settings and touch Wireless Direct to turn the connection on.
- Select On or On with security, to note the security passcode and touch Ok.
- Go to settings on your mobile and enable Wi-Fi and select your printer model.
- Type the security passcode on the printer’s control panel.
- Open photo or document that needs to be printed and tap Print on the App menu or Action menu.
- Select the HP Deskjet 2540 printer model from the available list of printers and then tap Print.
- After printing, reconnect the mobile to the existing wireless network.
How to type or obtain HP Deskjet 2540 wireless direct password from control panel
- Switch On the printer and wait for some time till it gets ready. Go to the printer’s control panel menu and touch the HP Wireless Direct icon.
- Otherwise, navigate to the Network Setup or Wireless settings menu and touch Wireless Direct icon, and then turn the connection on.
- If you need a HP 2540 series printer wifi password when connected to the printer, select On or On with security option to obtain the password.
- When the security password appears on the screen, note it down and then touch Ok.
- Go to the Settings menu on your mobile device and turn your Wi-Fi On; it shows the list of available devices.
- If your printer name is not found, make sure that it is within the range of your mobile device and if not, move your device and printer closer.
- If needed, type the HP 2540 series printer wifi password from the control panel of the printer.
- Click the photo or document that has to be printed, and finally click Print on the App menu or the Action menu on the screen.
- Download the HP ePrint mobile app from Apple or Google play store if the app that you have does not support printing.
- From the list of available printers in the menu, select your HP Deskjet 2540 printer and then tap the Print icon.
- After printing is complete, reconnect the mobile device to the wireless network that you use regularly for HP 2540 series printer wifi password.