How To Update Firmware For Hp M428-m429dw Printer [Simple Guide]
The HP M248-M429DW printer is designed to make your print, scan, and copy operations simple and easy to perform. This printer uses laser technology to perform the print operation. To keep your printer function well without any snag, you need to update the printer firmware periodically. Normally, HP releases firmware updates periodically for its products. If you want to know how to update Firmware For HP M428-m429dw Printer, then you have reached the right page.
Update Firmware For HP M428-M429DW Printer In Two Different Ways
- Using the printer’s control panel
- Using the HP printer update utility
Update Firmware Using The Printer Control Panel
- Initially, make sure that your HP M428-M429DW printer is connected to the Internet.
- Now, press the Home icon if required.
- Open your printer’s dashboard by swiping down.
- Select the Setup option from the dashboard.
- Choose the Printer Maintenance option followed by Update the printer.
- Next, select the Check for Printer Updates Now option.
- If there is any firmware update available, then the update process will be initiated automatically by the printer.
- After updating the firmware, restart your HP printer if prompted.
- In case the Update the printer option is not listed in the Printer Maintenance window, then go to the next method to update the printer firmware.
Update Printer Firmware Using The HP Printer Update Utility
- Check whether the HP M428-M429DW printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- From your computer’s web browser, go to the HP printer’s official support page.
- Click on the Drivers, Software and Firmware tab on the support page.
- If required, choose your OS version from the drop-down menu available on the page.
- Now, go to the Firmware section.
- Locate the Firmware Update installer and click on the Download button beside it.
- Once the firmware installer is downloaded, open it on your computer.
- If prompted, select your HP printer. Click on the Update button.
- Update the printer firmware by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the update is completed, close the HP Printer Update utility and restart your HP printer.
To get remote assistance in how to update firmware for Hp M428-m429dw Printer, click on Call us.