- Fix My Printer >>
- HP Envy 4500 Wireless Setup
How to Setup HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer On Mac?
Are you wondering how to set up your HP Envy 4500 wireless printer on Mac? If yes, you have reached the right page.
You can easily set up your printer straight out of the box using the easy-to-do instructions given below. On this page, we have covered an overview of the printer’s hardware setup and how to set up the HP Envy 4500 all-in-one wireless printer on Mac using the full feature driver.
Initially, complete your printer’s hardware setup. After doing that, connect your HP Envy printer to the wireless network. Finally, install the printer software on your Mac computer to complete the setup.
Preparing for the HP Envy 4500 Setup
Complete your HP Envy 4500 printer’s hardware setup by following the simple instructions below.
- Unpack your HP Envy printer if you haven’t done it yet.
- Now, turn on the printer and configure the initial settings, such as language, date/time, region, etc.
- After doing that, load the recommended paper type into the tray.
- Ensure that the paper is loaded with its print-side facing down.
- Now, install the genuine HP ink cartridges that are shipped along with the printer into their slots.
- Before installing the cartridges, ensure that the carriage is silent and the cartridges are unpacked properly.
- Now, your printer will start printing the alignment page.
- Once it is printed, place the alignment page on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Now, you can see the “Scan Alignment Page” screen opened on your printer display.
- Press OK to complete the alignment process.
- The printer’s hardware setup is completed by aligning the printer.
Setting Up The Printer On Mac
Connect your HP Envy printer to the Wi-Fi network. If your router has the WPS button, use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup method to connect the printer to Wi-Fi. Similarly, if your router doesn’t have the WPS button, use the traditional method for the same.
You can use the Push Button or PIN method of WPS to connect the printer to Wi-Fi. The following instructions explain the Wi-Fi setup using the Push method of WPS.
- Turn on your HP printer and router if they are turned off.
- Ensure that the devices are placed closer.
- Now, locate the Wi-Fi button on your printer’s control panel and hold it down for a few seconds.
- Release the button once the Wi-Fi light starts blinking.
- Locate the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button on your router and press it.
- Now, your printer will try to connect to the available network.
Using The Traditional Method
- Before you begin, note down your Wi-Fi network credentials if you have no idea about them.
- Now, press the Wi-Fi button on your printer’s control panel.
- Select Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard and press OK.
- Connect your HP Envy printer to the Wi-Fi network by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Installing the printer software
- Connect your Mac computer to the same wireless network to which you have connected the printer.
- Open the HP Easy Start software installer file on your computer.
- Read and accept the EULA of the printer in the Welcome window and click Continue to begin the software installation.
- Choose your printer when prompted.
- Similarly, when prompted, select and install the necessary printer drivers on your Mac computer.
- Type your computer’s password in the confirmation dialog box to install the selected software.
- Complete the rest of the printer setup on Mac by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Contact our technical experts if you need further assistance in setting up your HP Envy 4500 wireless printer on Mac.