How to setup Epson printer
The How to setup Epson printer involves performing hardware setup and connecting the printer to a Windows or Mac computer. The printer can be easily installed using the Easy Install software or Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility which is available on the manufacturer’s website.
Quick Guide for setting up the Epson printer
- Complete the printer’s hardware setup.
- Check if your Epson printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Download the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility from the manufacturer’s website.
- Run the utility and choose Continue. Click Continue again to agree to the Software License Agreement. Click Install followed by Close.
- Select the printer’s name and then click the Next tab.
- Click Printer Registration to open the Register a printer to Epson Connect dialog box. Click OK to proceed with the installation.
- Select the ‘I Accept the Terms and conditions’ checkbox and Click the Next tab to continue.
- Fill the ‘Create An Epson Connect Account’ form and then click Finish. Exit the utility and then try to print.
Elaborate procedure for setting up Epson printer
Lift the printer from the packaging box. Clear all the packaging material from the inside and on the printer. Open the ink tank cover and fill the ink tanks using the ink bottles supplied along with the printer, which helps on how to setup Epson printer.
Connect the printer to the electrical wall outlet using a power cord. Power up your printer. Load paper into the input tray. Make sure the paper stack is held firmly.
Do not connect the printer to a computer until the software is installed. Insert the setup disc supplied along with the printer into the computer. Run the setup files by following the on-screen instructions. If you have a Mac OS X, you can install the Software updater to receive the software or firmware updates for your product.
Select a connection type when the Select Your Connection screen pops up. If you have chosen the Wireless Connection, the software installer will try to connect to your wireless connection automatically. Enter your network name and password if prompted.
Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable. Shut off all applications and start your computer again once the installation is complete. Try to print a document to verify the connection between the printer and computer.
To set up the printer using the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility on your Windows computer, download the Utility from the manufacturer’s website and run it. Agree to the terms of the End-user License agreement and then click Next.
Click Install and then select Finish once the installation process is over. Select the printer’s name and proceed by clicking Next. Select the Printer Registration option. Click the Next tab to open the License agreement and privacy statement. Click Agree.
Click OK on the Register a printer to Epson Connect message. Fill the Create an Epson Connect Account form if you are creating a new account, and then give a click on the Finish tab. If you already have an account and want to register a new product with it, fill the Add a new printer form and select Add. Exit the Utility by clicking Close. Complete the process on How to setup Epson printer.