How To Set Up Canon Pixma G7020
Canon Pixma G7020 is a Wireless MegaTank All-in-One Inkjet printer. It uses an integrated ink tank system that makes refilling much easier.Follow the quick steps to know how to set up the Canon Pixma G7020 printer.
Canon Pixma G7020 Box Contents
- Take your printer out of the box.
- Ensure that the following contents are included in the box.
- Ink bottles
- Print heads
- Power cord
- Setup CD-ROM for Windows
- Modular cable
- Safety and Important Information
- Getting Started guide
Remove Canon Pixma G7020 Packaging Materials
- Clear the orange tapes and packing materials from the outside of the printer.
- Raise the printer’s scanning unit/cover.
- Remove the orange tapes and protective materials from the inside of the printer.
- Dispose of all the packing and protective materials.
Install Canon Printer Print Heads
- Lift-open the print head locking cover.
- Remove both the print heads from the package.
- Make sure to peel off the protective tapes.
- Insert the black and color print heads in the respective slots.
- Lower the print head locking cover.
- Continue with the following steps to set up the Canon Pixma G7020 printer.
Fill Canon Pixma Ink Tank
- Once you raise the ink tank cover, open the black ink tank cap.
- Take the black ink bottle and open the bottle cap.
- Fill the ink tank with the ink bottle.
- Once it is done, close the black ink tank cap followed by the ink tank cover.
- Perform steps 1 through 4 again to fill the remaining ink tanks (cyan, magenta, and yellow).
- After filling all the ink tanks, lower the printer’s scanning unit/cover.
Turn On Your Canon Printer
- Take the power cord and insert it into the printer’s rear port and an electrical outlet.
- Once you open the printer’s operation panel, find the ON button and press it to power up the printer.
- Select a language and press the OK button.
- Specify your region or country, press the OK button, proceed further to set up the Canon Pixma G7020 printer.
- When the Start alignment screen appears, select the Yes option and press the OK button.
- Pull the cassette out from the printer and slide the paper guides.
- Place two or more sheets of plain paper in the cassette.
- Push the cassette into the printer and draw out the paper output tray.
- Carry out the LCD panel instructions. Once done, press the OK button.
- Wait until the Ready to connect screen appears on the LCD panel.
- Now, you have finished the hardware setup of the Canon Pixma G7020 printer.
Connect To A Computer
- Launch any browser on your computer.
- Visit the official Canon web page and click Setup.
- Once you type your printer’s name in the search field, click the Go button.
- Click Start -> If you have already prepared your printer, go to Connect -> Download.
- Open the downloaded executable file and click the Start Setup button.
- Follow the instructions that prompt on the screen for establishing a connection between the printer and your computer.
- Finally, you have completed the Canon Pixma G7020 printer setup.