- Fix My Printer >>
- Scan On MAXIFY GX7021
How To Scan On MAXIFY GX7021 – Easy Steps To Know
Generally, Canon printers are some of the most popular printers in homes and businesses. If you have a Canon MAXIFY GX7021 printer, you should be aware of the procedure for scanning the documents. This web page will highlight the possible ways to scan your photos and documents using your Canon MAXIFY GX7021 printer. Without further ado, let’s dive deep into the procedure.
Scan Using Canon IJ Scan Utility (Windows/Mac)
IJ Scan Utility is a fantastic application that lets you scan your photos and documents by clicking the corresponding icon. The procedure is quite simple; you need to get the utility and get it installed on your computer. Then, connect your printer and computer via Wi-Fi or USB and start scanning your documents using this utility. These guidelines will give you more precise insights into the procedure.
Get The Application And Get It Installed On Your Computer
- Visit the official Canon website from your default browser.
- Type your printer model in the search area and press Enter.
- On the product support page, click Software & Drivers.
- This will show drivers compatible with your operating system. If you want to modify the operating system, click the Operating System dropdown menu and make the necessary changes.
- Select the MP Driver package and click Select > Download (Canon IJ Scanner Utility is included in this package).
- After a few seconds, the package will be downloaded to your computer.
- Find the package in your Downloads folder and run the setup file.
- If User Account Control appears, click Yes.
- For a Mac, provide the administrator credentials in the appropriate fields.
Scan Documents Using The IJ Scan Utility
- Place the original on the scanner glass.
- Ensure your printer and computer are connected via Wi-Fi or USB.
- Open the scanner utility on your computer.
- Click Auto to scan the document using the default settings.
- Click Scan/Photo to scan a document or photo.
- To scan the original with personalized settings, click Custom and make the necessary changes.
- To change the scan type, resolution, orientation, etc., click the Settings button and make the necessary changes.
- Click Save when you’re done.
- The printer will scan the document and save it to the specified location.
Scan Documents To Your Computer Using The Printer Control Panel
This section will show you how to scan your documents using the printer control panel. Even for scanning documents using the printer control panel, installing the MP drivers on your computer is mandatory. If you haven’t installed the software yet, refer to the previous section and implement the procedure as instructed.
- To begin with, ensure the Canon MAXIFY printer is turned on and connected to your computer via Wi-Fi or USB.
- Load your originals on the scanner glass or into the ADF.
- On the printer’s Home screen, touch the Scan option.
- On the screen that displays, tap the PC option.
- Choose the destination computer if you have connected your printer and computer over a network. Suppose you have connected devices through a USB cable. In this case, you need not choose the computer manually; instead, you need to pick the Local (USB) option.
- Specify the document type, resolutions, etc., according to your preference, and touch the Black or Color button on the printer control panel.
- Now, your printer will scan the originals and save them to the specified destination on your computer.
This is how you should scan your documents using the IJ Scan Utility and the printer control panel from your Canon MAXIFY GX7021 printer. You can reach our technical experts via the Call button on this page if you are stuck in between. They will connect with you and help you rectify your queries in real time.