- Fix My Printer >>
- Epson ET-2800 Scanner
How To Scan On Epson Ecotank ET-2800?
If you have a hard copy and looking for the right procedure for scanning it as a soft copy to your computer, you can use your Epson EcoTank ET-2800 printer to scan your documents and save them to your computer. This web page will show you all possible ways to scan your documents using your Epson EcoTank ET-2800 printer. Now, let’s get started.
Get The Updated Software And Install It On Your Computer
A driver has immense importance in establishing communication between your printer and computer. If you haven’t installed the right driver on your computer, refer to these guidelines and learn the procedure in detail.
- From your default browser, visit Epson’s official website.
- Type Epson EcoTank ET-2800 in the search area and reach its support page.
- Here, click the Downloads tab.
- It will show you all the drivers and utilities compatible with your OS.
- In case of a mismatch between the selected and detected OS, click the Operating System drop-down menu and choose your option.
- Now, select the most appropriate driver and click the Download button.
- However, it is ideal for downloading the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer.
- Locate the setup file in the Downloads folder and run the setup file.
- If you install the software on a Windows computer, click Yes when User Account Control pops up. On the other hand, you need to provide administrator credentials while installing the software on a Mac.
- Go ahead with the onscreen instructions and complete the installation.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Great! You have successfully finished the first phase of scanning the documents using your Epson EcoTank ET-2800 printer. The oncoming instructions will show you how to use this software to scan your documents. You will also learn how to scan your hard copies using the printer control panel.
Scan Your Documents Using The Epson Control Panel
You can scan your documents directly to your computer using the buttons on your Epson EcoTank ET-2800 printer’s control panel. However, the compatible driver is mandatory to establish communication and choose the scan settings. These guidelines will show you how to scan your documents using the Epson EcoTank ET-2800 printer control panel. Before getting started, ensure you have connected your printer and computer via USB or Wi-Fi.
- Place your originals on the scanner glass.
- On the printer control panel, press the Home button.
- Select the Scan option by pressing the left and right arrow buttons. Then, press the OK button.
- If you want to scan your document to your computer as a JPEG file, select the To Computer (JPEG) option. To save it as a PDF, choose To Computer (PDF). Then, press the OK button.
- If you want to preview the scanned document before saving it, choose the Preview on Computer option.
- If you want to scan your documents to a network computer, choose the target computer from the list of available devices.
- In case you have connected your printer directly to your computer using a USB cable, choose the USB connection option and press the Start button to start scanning.
- This way, you should scan your documents to your computer using the printer control panel.
Scan Using The Epson Scansmart
Epson ScanSmart lets you scan your documents and review and edit them in an easier fashion. Then, you can save them to your computer in the preferred destination. Here are the detailed guidelines.
- On your Windows computer, hit on the Start icon and choose Epson Software, followed by Epson Scan Smart. For the previous versions, you need to click Start and choose All Programs> Epson Software> Epson ScanSmart.
- If you are using a Mac, open the Applications folder. Open the Epson Software folder and choose Epson ScanSmart.
- Ensure Epson EcoTank ET-2800 is selected in the Scanner field. If not, click the Change button and choose your printer.
- Choose your preferred paper size in the Scan area drop-down menu.
- Make the appropriate changes to your document and click the Scan button.
- Your printer starts scanning your documents and saving them to the specified destination.
- You can also scan your documents using the Epson Scan 2 application. The procedure is almost the same; you need to open the software and choose the printer and the scan settings. Then, you are good to go with your scanning job.
Scan Document Using Phone
Since Epson EcoTank ET-2800 is a mobile-friendly printer, you can scan your documents at the tap of your smartphone. Here are the detailed instructions.
- To begin with, install the Epson Smart Panel application on your smartphone. You can get the app from App Store and Play Store.
- Place your originals on the scanner glass.
- Open the Epson Smart Panel application and touch the Scan menu on the home screen.
- Go ahead with the onscreen instructions to scan and save your originals.
- This is how you should scan your documents using your smartphone.
We hope this article has helped you discover all the possible ways of scanning your documents using your Epson EcoTank ET-2800 printer. If you are looking for more precise information about the procedure for scanning your documents to a Cloud Service or an email account, connect with us via the Call button on this page. Our specialized experts look forward to rectifying all your queries. Reach us via the Call button on this page.