How To Scan On Canon ImageClass MF264DW
Are you looking for an option to scan your documents using the Canon MF264dw printer? Scanning your documents is a great option to preserve your hard copies. On your Canon ImageCLASS MF264dw printer, you can scan your documents using the IJ Scan Utility. On this web page, we’ll show you how to scan your documents and images using the IJ Scan Utility application and save them to your computer.
Complete Your Canon MF264DW Printer’s Initial Setup
Before scanning documents, make sure you have completed the initial printer setup. If you haven’t completed the printer’s initial setup yet, refer to these instructions and learn the procedure.
- Unpack the printer and remove all the components you received.
- Remove all protective covers and packing tape from the printer and its accessories.
- Extend the paper cassette and load your paper.
- Align the guides with the stack and reinsert the paper cassette into the printer.
- This printer comes with pre-installed toner cartridges; you need not install them manually.
- Plug the included power cord into the printer’s power cord and an electrical outlet.
This completes your printer’s initial setup. The following section will show you how to scan your documents using the IJ Scan Utility.
Get The IJ Scan Utility And Install It On Your Computer
- Visit Canon’s official website from your browser.
- Enter your printer model in the search area.
- Once the results are displayed, click the correct printer.
- When redirected to the product support page, click Software & Drivers.
- Make sure the correct operating system is selected.
- When compatible drivers are displayed, locate IJ Scan Utility, and click Select> Download.
- Once downloaded to your computer, double-click the setup file to start the installation.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Start Scanning Your Documents Using The IJ Scan Utility
- Turn on the printer and place the original on the scanner glass.
- Open the IJ Scan Utility.
- Click Auto to scan the document/image using the default scan settings.
- Click the Document option if you want to scan your original as a document.
- Click the Photo option to scan a photo.
- To modify the settings, click the Settings option and specify paper size, orientation, resolution, etc., according to your preferences.
- In case you want to scan documents or photos with your personal settings, click Custom Scan to update your settings.
- You can also use this utility to create PDF files from images saved on your computer. To do this, open Utilities and click PDF Editor.
- Specify the required paper size, resolution, and orientation. Then click OK.
- This is how you should scan your documents using the
- When you have finished using the utility, you can close it.
This is how you should scan your documents using the Canon-ImageCLASS-MF264dw printer. For further questions and clarifications, get in touch with our technical experts. They will assist you in real-time and help you get the job done in minutes.