How To Scan On Brother Printer? [Simple Steps]
Scanning is something that is widely used in this digital era (home or organization). The scanning component usually resides on the top of the printer and is not movable. The component contains a lid, a glass surface on which the documents to be scanned are placed, and a laser that moves underneath the items that help to scan the document. The printer’s scan component is managed by the printer drivers and printing applications. So, it is always advised to update the printer drivers to their latest version. This helps you have an overall smooth experience with the printer. In the below segments, we will discuss the steps on how to scan on Brother printer.
Initial Preparation To Perform A Scan On Brother Printer
- Turn on your computer and the Brother printer.
- Keep the Brother printer drivers up to date.
- You can download the latest Brother printer drivers from the printer’s support page.
- Connect the Brother printer to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open the scanner lid, and you will be able to see the markings next to the glass bottom.
- These markings indicate how a document needs to be oriented on the scanner.
- Place your document facing down on the scanner glass.
- Once placed appropriately, close the scanner lid.
- So, the initial preparation is over.
In the upcoming sections, we have listed out the steps that you can follow to scan a document on your Windows or Mac computer.
Performing Scan Functionality On A Windows Computer:
- Turn on your Windows computer and connect it to your Brother printer.
- Once the computer gets to an idle state, click the Windows logo on the screen’s bottom-left corner.
- In the search bar, type Windows fax and scan and hit Enter.
- From the displayed results, click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click the New Scan menu.
- In the next window, verify that your Brother printer model is shown next to the Scanner.
- If your printer’s name is not visible, click the Change option and select your Brother printer.
- Once everything is done, change the settings according to your choice (Profile, Color format, File type, Resolution (DPI), etc.).
- As you are scanning a document, choose the File type as PDF.
- Once you have made all the necessary changes in the Settings window, click the Preview option to preview the document on your computer screen. Previewing helps you know whether the document is scanned appropriately or not.
- If the document is not scanned properly, open the scanner lid and check the document placement.
- Once you have previewed the document, click the Scan option.
- The document will begin scanning into your computer.
- The scanned document will be saved in File Explorer.
- Double-click Documents to locate the scanned document.
- So, these are the steps involved in scanning a document on your Brother printer using your Windows computer.
Performing Scan Functionality On A Mac Computer:
The steps to scan a document on your Mac computer are similar to that of Windows.
- Turn on your Mac computer and connect it to your Brother printer.
- Click the Apple logo from the top left-hand side of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, choose Printers & Scanners.
- From the Printers & Scanners window, choose your Brother printer.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Click Open Scanner.
- Now, click on the Show details option to make the required changes (Scan mode, Color or Black/White copy, Resolution, Format, etc.).
- Select the storage location and click Scan.
- Your document will begin scanning into your Mac computer.
- Once the scanning is over, you will find the scanned copy in your preferred location.
- So, these are steps involved in scanning a document on your Mac computer.
- By now, you would have understood the concept of scanning, and you can apply it to your Brother printer.
- For more assistance on How To Scan On Brother Printer, reach us.