How To Scan On HP ENVY Inspire 7955e – Best Ways To Try
Are you looking for the quick and best way to save your important documents in hard copy to a digital format? Do you want to minimize the paper storage space in your office or home? Do you want to save your important files securely and at the same time in an easy-to-access format? Then, we prefer you “scan”. Most printers, including the ENVY Inspire 7955e printer from HP, support the scan function. With this printer, you can scan any important documents and save them to your computer according to your preferences. The HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer uses the contact image sensor for scanning and comes with advanced scanning features (supported using the HP Smart app). With this printer, you can initiate the scan job from your computer, printer’s control panel, or smartphone.
Are you wondering how to scan on an HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer? Yes? Well, it is straightforward. Is this your first experience scanning with the HP Envy Inspire printer? If yes, that’s alright. We understand your concern. We have created this article to guide you throughout the scanning operation. We have covered almost all the methods that you can use for scanning with this printer. So, are you reading? Let’s get started!
Tips For Successful Scanning
At least three out of five users who perform scanning for the first time face issues. Scanning issues can occur for a variety of reasons. However, in most cases, if you look at the cause of the problem, you will figure out that a small software or hardware bug is behind it. There are some really useful tips that enable you to perform the scan operation easily, quickly, and, most importantly, without errors on your printer. This section addresses it.
- The first and foremost important thing that you must ensure is that your HP ENVY Inspire printer’s hardware setup and software installation are done.
- Following that, properly loading the original to be scanned is critical for a smooth scan experience. So, ensure that the original is clean and that its edges are not bent.
- Dust or debris stuck on the scanner glass can lead to scan-related issues. Open the scanner glass. Check if any dust or debris is stuck to the glass. If so, kindly clean them using a clean cloth.
- When should I use the printer’s scanner glass? If you want to scan only a page of the document or an image, using the printer’s scanner glass is best.
- Do you want to scan multiple pages of the document simultaneously? Then, use the document feeder of your printer. Even if the ADF does not support auto-duplex scanning, you can manually scan both sides of the pages in no time. You will read more about it in the following sections.
- How do I load the original for scanning? If you’re using the scanner glass, load the original with the print side facing down. Similarly, load the originals with their print side facing up if you’re using the document feeder.
- Connect your iOS, Android, Windows, or Mac device and the HP Envy printer to the same network. This way, you can avoid communication issues and perform scanning easily and quickly with your printer.
- Also, remember to keep the printer software, the HP Smart app, and your computer or smartphone OS up-to-date to avoid facing incompatibility issues while scanning.
All set? We hope that you find the information above useful. Let’s see how to scan with the ENVY 7955e printer without further ado.
HP Envy Printer Scanner
Do you want to scan a single page and save it to your computer? Then, initiate the scan job from your printer’s control panel. Scanning the document from the HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer’s control panel is straightforward. Go ahead and read the instructions to learn more about it.
- Switch on your printer if it is turned off.
- Load the original you want to scan onto the printer’s scanner glass. Have you done it? If yes, begin the scanning operation by following the instructions below.
- Press the Home button if necessary.
- You will find the Scan function button on the printer’s home screen. Have you found it? If so, tap on it.
- The Scan Settings screen will open now. Here, you can set the scan settings as per your liking.
- After doing that, tap Scan. The printer will start scanning your original.
It is that simple and fast.
HP Smart Scan App With HP Envy Inspire 7955e
Scanning is easy and quick using the HP Smart app. Do you want to install this app and set up the printer on your device using it? If yes, here’s a brief note about it. First, install the app from the Google Play Store, Microsoft Store, App Store, Mac Store, or HP printer’s official support page on your device if you want to install it. Next, connect your devices to the same network and open the app. Set up the HP Envy printer on your device by following the prompts displayed on the screen. Once the setup is done, and your printer is ready to use, you can begin the scanning.
Windows 10 And mac OS
- Scanning an original using the HP Smart app is not a big deal. The whole process takes less than a minute.
- Launch the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Is your printer name displayed on the app’s main screen? No? It’s alright. Click on the backward or forward icon beside your printer name or estimated supply levels and choose your printer.
- Have you selected your printer? If yes, click on the “Scan” tab.
- Now, what do you see? The HP Smart-Scan screen looks like the one below, right?
- Are you looking to scan the original(s) that are placed on the printer’s scanner glass or in the document feeder? If so, go to the screen’s Scanner tab. Load the original on your printer if you want to do it. After doing that, come back to the app screen. Here, set the scan settings to your liking, and then click Scan.
- Do you want to scan an original that is saved on your computer? Then, go to the Import tab. Here, you can choose and scan the document containing your preferences.
- Does your Windows 10 or Mac computer have a built-in camera? Yes? Then, you can use it for scanning your original. Click on the Camera tab on the HP Smart-Scan screen to begin the scan operation. See, it is that simple.
This is how to use the HP Smart app from your computer to scan with an HP Envy Inspire 7955e. We hope you have scanned and saved your original to the destination location of your preference by following the instructions above.
We learned how to scan with the HP Envy Inspire printer from your computer using the HP Smart app in the previous section. Here, you will learn how to scan from your smartphone using the same HP Smart app. Even though the operating systems and interfaces differ, the overall process is similar. Don’t worry. We have your back covered. Follow the instructions below to scan an original using the HP Smart app in no time.
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Check if your printer is selected. If not, choose it by tapping the arrow icon. Are you doing well? Perfect! You’re almost there.
- Now, in the menu section, you will see the “Printer Scan” and “Camera Scan” tabs.
- Tap on the Camera Scan tab if you are looking to scan the original using your smartphone’s default camera. Or else, tap on the Printer Scan tab. In this case, you must load the original to be scanned on the printer’s scanner glass or in the document feeder.
- You can scan and save the original by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Have you scanned your document? Yes? That’s awesome! Congratulations on scanning with the HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer.
HP Envy Inspire Scan On Windows 7 Computer
Are you looking to scan with this HP Envy Inspire printer from your Windows 7 computer? If yes, this section is for you. The HP Smart app is designed to work with the latest Windows (8, 8.1, 10, and 11) and Mac operating systems. So, you’re probably wondering how to scan from your Windows 7 computer. Well, you can use the HP Scan software for scanning. We have shown how to scan using the software in this section. So, why wait? Let’s start.
- Place the original on your printer.
- Open the HP printer software on your Windows 7 computer.
- Need assistance in opening the software? If so, follow the instructions below.
- Click “Start” and choose “All Programs.” The list of program names installed on your computer will show up. Choose HP from the list. After that, open the HP printer folder and select your printer.
- Have you opened the HP Scan software on your computer? If yes, good. Now, click on the Print & Scan tab and navigate to the Scan section.
- Here, you will find the Scan a Document or Photo option. Click on it.
- Now, the screen that looks like the one below will open.
- Click Scan if you wish to scan the original with the default scan settings. Otherwise, adjust the scan settings to your liking and click Scan. That’s it.
Can you hear noise on your printer? Yes? Then, it means the printer has started scanning the original. Good Job! You did it.
Webscanning On HP ENVY Inspire 7955e
Are you looking for an alternative method to initiate the scan job on your HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer without using the HP Smart app or the printer software? If your answer is yes, use the Webscan feature of your printer’s EWS. This feature enables you to initiate the scan job remotely from anywhere using a web browser. Yes, you read it correctly. But you have to ensure two important conditions:
- The printer and your computer or smartphone are connected to a stable Internet.
- The web scanning feature is enabled on your printer.
This feature is disabled by default. So, if you want to use Webscan, you have to enable it. You can enable the Webscan feature and scan a document using it within a few minutes. We have explained everything about it in the section below. We believe you will read it and utilize it properly.
Enabling The Webscan Feature
Enabling the “Webscan” feature is like a piece of cake. But the thing is that you can enable this feature only from the printer’s EWS page. So, the first step is to access the printer’s EWS page. The second and last step is to enable the Webscan feature. You will read more about it in detail in the section below.
- Opening the HP Envy printer’s EWS page Well, you can access your printer’s EWS page from:
- HP Smart App
- HP Printer Software
- Web browser using an IP address
- Using a Wi-Fi Direct connection in a web browser
- All these four ways are straightforward. Do you want to learn more about it? If yes, get in touch with us now by clicking the toll-free button provided on this page.
- Have you opened your printer’s EWS page? Yes, we think so. Now, go to the Settings tab.
- Have you done it? If yes, you will find the “Security” section in the left panel of the screen. Expand it and click on the Administrator Settings option.
- Now, the Security Administrator Settings wizard will open on the right side of the screen.
- Under the Printer Features section, you will find the “Webscan from EWS” option. Have you found it? If so, click on the checkbox beside it to enable it. Remember to save the settings by clicking the Apply button.
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled the Webscan feature on your printer.
Scan Using Webscan
This feature doesn’t offer advanced scanning options like printer software and the HP Smart app. So, if you’re looking to scan an original with basic scan options, use the Webscan feature for scanning. Scanning using Webscan is easy; you can do this in three simple steps.
- The first step is to load the original. Refer to the instructions given in the previous sections of this page for that.
- The second step is to open the Scan tab. Well, you will find the Scan tab on your printer’s EWS page. Just click on the tab to open it.
- The third and last step is to start scanning. Click on the Webscan icon. This can be found on the left pane of the screen. Now, the Webscan Settings wizard will open.
- See the document type, color preferences, and other scan settings as per your preferences. Have you finished with it? If so, click on the “Start Scan” button and then click “OK.”
The HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer will start scanning your original now. It is that simple and fast.
Have You Learned How To Scan On The HP ENVY Inspire 7955e?
We saw how to scan on the HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer using the HP Smart app, the printer software, and the Webscan feature. We believe that you will find this article useful. Are you scanning with the HP Envy printer for the first time? If so, getting real-time assistance from an experienced technical expert might be helpful. Give us a call to talk to our technical expert now. They are always ready and happy to assist you with printer-related queries.